Refreshin' the memory (Britax seats):

crunchierthanthou

I watched the Britax video. Does anyone actually install with a belt over the MA cover??

I only do on an airplane or when installing in a vehicle without LATCH for a short trip. It's a handy feature for quick installs, but I prefer not to do it for everyday use. I'd rather not leave it exposed to dirty shoes, possible spills or potential potty accidents- not that any of those are common, but there's no point in risking it. :twocents:

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I used to always do it over the cover... I move my seats a lot and was way too lazy to peel up the cover to do it that way, except for pictures :D

PixieEMT

Wow good to know! Thanks. I was going to follow the 1inch rule anyhow.

Question: Would anyone allow their RF child to have their child's ears even with the shell and not the 1 inch rule? Just curious.

jessclear

Ok, the DC looks totally different under the cover and the position of the crotch buckle. My vehicle belt has to go in front of the buckle. Anyone know if that's not ok? Anyone have a DC that can clarify if how you install? TIA!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Wow good to know! Thanks. I was going to follow the 1inch rule anyhow.

Question: Would anyone allow their RF child to have their child's ears even with the shell and not the 1 inch rule? Just curious.

Not after I read some conversation about it on CPSPList...it really seems more prudent to go with one inch or 'head even' (seems if the seat is loosely installed and harness is not tight enough, ie, MOST parents, then if the head is sticking up the spine could whip back too far over the top of the seat... it's probably best even for the most contientious of us not to tempt fate by pushing it... at least most seats are plenty tall now, though! This was back when the Roundabout was like the tallest seat out there...)

:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC