recommendations for convertible/3in1 for TALL children

U

Unregistered

hi all!

i have a 4YEAR old and a 4 MONTH old. for the DD I have a Pinnacle 90 in my car and Advocate in grandpas car. Now i have to outfit a nanny car (VW Jetta). I'm thinking of getting one like the Pinnacle but that rear faces as well so that I just have another one that my son will grow into.

Thing I'm realizing is that weight doesnt matter for my kids - they are both 95% Height and 50% or less Weight, with long torsos. What will matter is seat height.... I'm gathering from what I've read here that a Diono Radian might be the best for tall kids??

I've got a 2002 CRV right now, but I"ll probably get a new car within a year or so, so I don't want to make a decision based soley on that - as long as the new one will fit rear facing in my CRV - for when my son grows into that.

Any recommendations for combination seats for tall kids with medium weight?

thanks!!!
Amy

ADS

aeormsby

Welcome.

There really aren't any carseats available that do all 3 things well (rear facing, forward facing & boostering). With that big of an age gap between your kids I if you want to get the Pinnacle for your older child I'd look for a convertible that will keep your younger one Rearfacing/forward facing until your older one is ready for a booster full time (for most kids that's around age 6 which means the younger would ideally be rear facing until then).

The best convertibles for tall kids (longest lasting) I'd check out the Radian, Graco Headwise, and I can't remember if it's the Nextfit or Peg convertible. The Evenflo Sureride is also a tall seat but I believe has a 40" max for RF.

The problem with most convertibles that also have the booster option is they make not great boosters or don't last long as boosters (they don't have height adjustments as a booster).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC