Recipe thread!!

JaRylan

My own recipe - Vegan Spice Cake

This is my own recipe - it's wonderful. Very moist and sweet and SO tasty !

If you make it - can you review it please ?

Okay Kashi, what other hidden talents do you have? We know about the photography, carseat safety, wonderful mommy and now you tell us you can create recipes! I'm in awe. Do you mind if I share this recipe on my regional baby board?

ADS

Lea_Ontario

Okay Kashi, what other hidden talents do you have? We know about the photography, carseat safety, wonderful mommy and now you tell us you can create recipes! I'm in awe. Do you mind if I share this recipe on my regional baby board?

I'd prefer it if you just shared the link than the actual recipe. I want the reviews !

tchrgrrl

My own recipe - Vegan Spice Cake

This is my own recipe - it's wonderful. Very moist and sweet and SO tasty !

If you make it - can you review it please ?
I will definitely try this once my family is over this awful virus. The last vegan cake we tried ($18 at whole foods for a TINY cake) was HORRIBLE. The last time I made the boys "cupcakes" they were really dairy free muffins with homemade vegan "buttercream" frosting and sprinkles.

aimee123

So, my recipe is not very healthy, but it's pretty tasty.

Here's a Stroganoff recipe. I hope it works out, because there's not really an actual "recipe," but it's something I've played around with, and this is the best combination of ingredients so far.

1-2 lb. stew meat (I usually use around 1.5 lbs, and I get the super trim kind because the others are too fatty)
24 oz. container of Sour Cream
26 oz. can of Cream of Mushroom soup (Campbell's Family Size)
4 oz. can of mushrooms (this is optional, and I usually use two cans because we love mushrooms)
16 oz. bag of Extra Wide Egg Noodles

Cook the stew meat on low for roughly 8 hours. I usually pour water (maybe 8 ounces?) over the beef when I start cooking it. Make sure the meat is covered in water (but not too much). Most of it will cook out, but what's left is a nice little sauce that adds to the flavor. You'll probably have to cut the meat up after the 8 hours (it comes in such big chunks), but it should be really easy. Almost like shredded beef.

Add the sour cream, soup, and mushrooms, and stir it all together. Continue cooking it on low for another 30-60 minutes, until it's hot. When it's ready, cook the noodles. When it's ready, you just dish up the noodles and pour the stroganoff on top.

It makes quite a bit. But I almost think that it's better as leftovers. When I'm ready to put it away, I mix the noodles and sauce together and then store it. It's better that way for leftovers.

If you try it (anyone), let me know how it turns out and if you like it. It's just something that we enjoy, but I've never given anyone the "recipe." You can mess around with it and see if you like it better if you change some of the ingredients. It's pretty rich in flavor, though. And I think having that much sour cream is what makes it good. I don't like sour cream, but I like this.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC