Question Rear-facing in an Audi S5

amyp

Hello,
I am searching for help on choosing a new seat for my 10mo DS (19#, 29 inches) to go rear facing in my husbands Audi S5. We currently have him in an infant seat and need to transition to a convertible.
We have our 5yo in a Britax boulevard in my car and a Radian65 in daddy's car and love them both.
I am considering the Recaro Proride, Boulevard 70 or Radian R100 but don't know which will fit best. (bucket seats and tight space in the S5)
Thanks for any help.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
It's likely your five year old is getting close to outgrowing the Boulevard, so I'd pass down the convertibles to your younger baby, and buy a dedicated forward facing combination seat for your five year old. How old is the Boulevard? And the Radian, for that matter?

Wendy

amyp

Boulevard is 4 years old and Radian is 2.5 years old. My older son is 42# and 44 inches, so he has some time before he outgrows these seats.
I have thought about giving the Boulevard to my 10mo, but just wondering if the Recaro or Radian would fit better in the back of my husbands S5.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Seats are also outgrown when the shoulders go over the highest harness position, and most five year olds are at that point, or close to it.

The Britax seats work well in tight spaces. We had a Britax Wizard (same size as your Boulevard) in the back of my husband's A4 for years. The Radian would work, but with an angle adjuster. The Recaro would work front to back, but he'd hate using it. The A5 is a two door car, and the Recaro doesn't offer much room to get a child in and out of the seat. It sits high up on a base, has deep sides, and no leg room, so the opening between the headwings/bolsters on the side and the backseat is inches. Combine that with a two door car... The Britax will be tight enough, the Radian likely easiest.

Wendy

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
If your child can handle the angle at which they end up. Most 10 month olds would be fine with it, I would imagine.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC