Question Radian infant head support

mairep

I just recently moved my 7 month old daughter from her 2010 Graco Snugride to a new Diono Radian RXT. She hated her bucket seat, and is much happier in the car now... Yay!!! She is on the second harness slot, so the head wings are pushed all the way up. When I tried to put the infant head support behind her head, it was getting squished by the bottom of the head wings, and it pushed her head forward, which made her cry, so I took it out. But, when she falls asleep, her head flops to the side with no support. Am I doing something wrong? Is there anything I can do to give her more head support?

Last edited:
ADS

mairep

Here is a photo of her sleeping:

image-1830380606.jpg

Should I be worried about the lack of head support in terms of safety, or is this simply a comfort issue?

Last edited:

flipper68

Senior Community Member
Head supports don't fit all kids. If the head is bigger or smaller than the norm, they don't work.

I recently helped a friend install a Radian for her grandson with SN. He's tiny but has a BIG head and shunt. No way did the head support work for him.

You can put a rolled hand towel or receiving blanket alongside her head so she doesn't flop. If DD won't leave them in place, slide it in after she's asleep or you could try tucking it behind the head wings and then down beside her. Make sure it doesn't interfer with the harness.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC