Radian and Rav 4

J

Jennyszoo

I have a 2010 rav 4 and currently am RF my 28lb 25 month old in a safety 1st onside air. We have also used a my ride 65. With both of these seats we have to move the front seats up a lot and I drive woth the seat all the way back. So I just kept the seat on the passegr side. This worked until new baby came along and now the infant seat is very deep as well and both require the front seats to be moved up. I couldn't drive with the my ride and its a little better with the onside air. My question is if I get a radian and the angle adjuster will this give me more space? I obviously want to stay RF.

ADS

bubbaray

I have a 2010 RAV4 and while I haven't tried it, I will be surprised if you can install an infant center next to an outboard seat. You will not be able to do it with the outboard seat installed via LATCH. You will need to install it via belts. My guess is you'll end up with both outboard. If you do, I would try the RN with AA drivers side.

What infant seat do you have and can it be used with the handle in the upright position?

J

Jennyszoo

A seat in the middle isn't an option. It's just way to narrow. I guess I was wondering if anyone has used a radian in their rav 4 and if you can move the front seat back with it. The infant seat is snugride. Do you guys know if the radian can touch the back of the front seat cause that may help.

While I have your awesome help. What are the differences in the 3 radians? Which would you recommend for my 2 year old?

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The Radian can touch, but your car doesn't allow anything to touch either front seat.

The Radians are all the same shape and size. The R100 rear faces to 40 pounds and forward faces to 65. The R120 and RXT rear face to 45 pounds and forward face to 80. The RXT has headwings. They all have 17.5" top slots.

Wendy

havasumama

I was wondering if you got both seats installed. I have a Graco Snugride 35 that my daughter is about to outgrow for height. We have it center seat installed with the seat belt in our 2010 Rav 4. I am looking at purchasing a Radian RXT for her, but also nee to be able to get the Snugride in there for a future child. I realize that they will both need to be outboard, but I am curious to know if they fit.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC