Radian 80SL cover problem

natalie77

Ok so I got an 80SL in February with the sport cover. Well my DS pee'd in it a week ago so I took it off to wash it and notices a cut/rip in the back cover along with a couple of spots that were beginning to rip around the harness slots and in the crease. I was disappointed because they cost so much I expected it to hold up better. My Radian 80 has the supercool and I have washed it umpteen times with no problems. I noticed this stuff BEFORE it got washed.

So I emailed Russ just to let him know and he asked for pics so I emailed him and he asked for my address to send out a new cover! I did ask for a different cover because I didn't want the same problem.....He sent me the Metro!!! I got it today and I am beyond excited!

Has anyone else had problems with their Sport covers??

ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I haven't had problems, but I also haven't taken the cover off of the seat. Only issue has been with the velcro from the shoulder pads snagging the body harness (which I have set up as a toddler head support.) But that makes sense to me.

I do have a like-new Metro as backup, which I plan to switch to in the fall. I figure I'll stick with the mesh through the summer, lol.

natalie77

I will probably do the same thing as we live in southeast Missouri and summers are MISERABLE!!! I was just glad to know he took it seriously!

jess71903

Ambassador
I'm a little disappointed myself. I have a Metro cover. The binding came off of the belly pad (SK sent me a new one) and the piping/binding on the rest of the seat and harness covers is catching and pulling, too.

natalie77

Oh I hope we just have fluke seats:( My Radian 80 has never had a single problem but the 80SL belly pad unraveled aroud the binding and then all that when I took the cover off. I hope I don't have a problem with the Metro when I start using it!!!

Kat_Shoshin

Glad I read this. My son wanted the Sport which he calls "the black one" but I ordered the flora. I have the Sport on an old Premier in my sister's car and I found it picked with the velcro, but I have never taken the cover off to look for other damage.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC