Question Racking my brain here...

MotoMommaNH

I'm trying to find a stroller and it's driving me crazy that I can't think of any that would fit the bill. Maybe you ladies can help!

Need something like the Britax B-Ready; modular, rear and forward facing seating, accepts infant bucket, good quality etc. but needs to accomodate a newborn facing me without having to buy a pram/bassinet.
Is there such a thing??? Looking at the Quinny Zapp...seems the wheels are kinda small...not very tall handles and not telescoping...

Under 500 would be nice too :cool:

Hit me with what you've got!

Last edited:
ADS

D&L's-mommy

which infant seat are you using? I'm thinking combi catalyst, the seat transforms into a bassinet and comes with an adaptor for these seats Combi® Shuttle, Combi® Shuttle 33, Combi® Navette 22, Chicco® Key Fit® 30, Graco® SnugRide® 35 Infant. it's about $325

eta: the jj cole broadway seat turns into a bassinet and is infant seat compatible with graco and chicco, it's $400

uppababy cruz, is $460, no bassinet or included adaptor
baby jogger versa $400, no bassinet or adaptor included, I've seen both of these used irl from birth with a snuzzler in the seat

MotoMommaNH

I'm thinking either Chicco Keyfit 30 or Cybex Aton. So that sounds like it may work..I'll look into reviews. Do you have any experience with Combi strollers? nice push to 'em?

MotoMommaNH

baby jogger versa $400, no bassinet or adaptor included, I've seen both of these used irl from birth with a snuzzler in the seat

This makes me wonder if it would be possible with the B-Ready then? I never thought of putting a snuzzler in there...Of course the manual for both states use from 6 mos and up so I hesitate straying from that. Hmm..

ETA:
http://busybeautifulbudget.blogspot.com/2012/05/britax-b-ready-review.html

so now I guess I need to decide if I'm OK with using the snuzzler for a newbie...I just really love the B-Ready and don't wanna pay 120 for a bassinet!

thanks for all the help and advice!!

Last edited:

callumsmom

My Burlington Coat Factory had some Quinny Zapp Extras for like $170. I'm 5'9" and I had no issues with the handle height. I liked it a lot pushing it around the store without a kid in it. It felt like it might be a little tippy though. If I had a reason to buy another stroller I would have picked one up though.

MotoMommaNH

My Burlington Coat Factory had some Quinny Zapp Extras for like $170. I'm 5'9" and I had no issues with the handle height. I liked it a lot pushing it around the store without a kid in it. It felt like it might be a little tippy though. If I had a reason to buy another stroller I would have picked one up though.

Yea I guess I could get used to the handles etc...one issue I have with it is the small wheels. I'm thinking I'm leaning towards the B-Ready and just use a snuzzler.
thanks for the first hand experience!

wnkw

Dd2 fit fine in the b-ready w/o anything after just a few weeks. I don't remember exactly when I tried, but the first time was 3-4 weeks.. she did have great head control from day1 though..

Sent from my DROIDX using Car-Seat.Org

Dd2 fit fine in the b-ready w/o anything after just a few weeks. I don't remember exactly when I tried, but the first time was 3-4 weeks.. she did have great head control from day1 though..

:yeahthat: I've put some pretty small infants in my B-Ready and haven't had an issue. I usually just stick a folded A+A swaddler or the like in the deepest part of the seat to make it a bit more flat, then buckle as usual.

FWIW I have a Chaperone (for which the adapters came with the B-Ready) and if it's nice out I'll leave that beast in the car and just put kiddo in the regular seat on the B-Ready for walks, even if they are tiny.

D&L's-mommy

I had a regular zapp, and it was really tippy once dd got around 25lbs, my burlington also had the zapp xtra for $170 and I was going to pick one up,but it just didn't seem like something I wanted to be fighting with while trying to load and unload 3 kids
I like the idea of using a swaddling blanket in the seat crease to make it a little flatter if you don't want to do a snuzzler

MotoMommaNH

:yeahthat: I've put some pretty small infants in my B-Ready and haven't had an issue. I usually just stick a folded A+A swaddler or the like in the deepest part of the seat to make it a bit more flat, then buckle as usual.

FWIW I have a Chaperone (for which the adapters came with the B-Ready) and if it's nice out I'll leave that beast in the car and just put kiddo in the regular seat on the B-Ready for walks, even if they are tiny.

This sounds like a feasible solution, didn't even think of the blanket to make it flat. That'd be good if the snuzzler got too hot.
Question on the infant seat part if you'd like to indulge me, would you choose the B Safe instead of the Keyfit just for ease of use with the B Ready? I have my heart set on the KF and just use the adapter. What do you think?

wnkw

The chaperone is super easy to use with all the britax strollers.. im assuming the b-safe would be too!

This sounds like a feasible solution, didn't even think of the blanket to make it flat. That'd be good if the snuzzler got too hot.
Question on the infant seat part if you'd like to indulge me, would you choose the B Safe instead of the Keyfit just for ease of use with the B Ready? I have my heart set on the KF and just use the adapter. What do you think?

That's a tough one. I really love both the KF and the B-Safe. I suppose it would come down to the fit in the vehicle, and which pattern I wanted ;) (some of the KF patterns are to die for).

Both are lightweight and easy to use. I do, however, tend to purchase more Britax than any other brand partly because they are effortless to use and they have consistantly awesome customer service, and that's worth a lot IMO.

Bottom line: I do :love: the KeyFit but I'd probably just get a B-Safe if I was planning on using it WITH the B-Ready, but if not, then I'd just go with whichever one had the pattern I liked. Both are awesome, easy to use seats.

Mercuria

I wanted a Mutsy Evo for this purpose (when/if we had another baby), but it got recalled/redesigned in NA, so the flat-seat version is no longer available in the States. It now only reclines to almost-flat, and is rated starting at 3 months :thumbsdown:

mevs mom

The B-ready seats recline very flat. I imagine a little one with a snuzzler and a get receiving blankets would be very cozy.

AllieCanada

I used our B-ready with a snuzzler from birth with DS2. He was around a week and a half old here. I actually preferred it to using the Chaperone as he seemed to be more comfortable

013-3.jpg

CarSeatSafetyMom

CPST Instructor
I too used the B-Ready from birth, I just used rolled receiving blankets on each side of him for support. My little was 7#7oz and 21" at birth, he fit just fine. The most recline position is similar to being in the car seat, like other posters said.
I am 5'8", and DH is 6'4" , we both can push it with ease; love the adjustable handle. We get positive comments about it everywhere we go.
I LOVE my B-Ready!!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC