RA 55 is too loose RF - Please help!

meredith1851

We just installed the RA55 RF in my sitters Nissan Murano SUV for my 15 mth old DS who is 30 inches and 24 lbs and put a rolled towel under it as it was leaning forward too much. My husband tightened the belt on both sides of the car seat as tight as he could. The metal parts are against the base so there is no more room to tighten but it still wiggles a little more than an inch. Are there any more tricks we can try to get a tighter fit?
Also, we have it in the #2 recline position and it still moves/tilts a bit forward and back. Is it supposed to do that or should it be locked and not tilt at all when in one of hte recline settings? I am concerned my husband damaged the recline feature somehow as he is very strong and heavy handed. Thoughts?

ADS

T4K

I would place it in the most reclined position and take the towel out.

It doesn't need to be at a newborn recline for a developmentally normal 15 month old.

Sometimes seatbelt offers a better installation. So try that as well.

meredith1851

It is in the middle recline now but we can try reclining it all the way. We are using the seat belt...was there any other way and thing we should try?

MommyShannon

It sounds like you have it in with latch if he is tightening on both sides. Mine are about as tight as they can get too but it's in the full recline and is in very tightly that way. The back moves a little reclined, just kind of like you can jingle it.

blueindigo

I think the most recline position is required by Britax.

Yes, Britax requires the use of Recline position 3 for rear facing.
Here is a link to the Round about 55 instruction manual page. Top of page click on "Instruction Manual". On page 23 of the instructions it mentions the recline settings.

ETA: Here is a video link for installing the [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7koBM82iYlw&feature=channel"]Roundabout 55 with seat belt[/ame]. There is also install videos of latch available. Hope that helps some, and others will be able to help with your other questions :)

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC