Question about radian?

ADS

jacqui276

Not sure if you are referring to the body pads or the harness pads.
For the body pads, none of them need to be used. The head support is only for infants but the body support can be used for toddlers as well. I pulled mine out of my Radian awhile ago to make more room and DS is still RFing. Depending upon how skinny your forward facing child is, you can still use the body support.

For the harness pads, if your Radian came with the large pads that go above and below the chest clip, they are required for use forward facing but can be removed rear facing.

vangelder03

Not sure if you are referring to the body pads or the harness pads.
For the body pads, none of them need to be used. The head support is only for infants but the body support can be used for toddlers as well. I pulled mine out of my Radian awhile ago to make more room and DS is still RFing. Depending upon how skinny your forward facing child is, you can still use the body support.

For the harness pads, if your Radian came with the large pads that go above and below the chest clip, they are required for use forward facing but can be removed rear facing.

The harness pads were missing on my seat when I got it diono sent me the smaller harness pads and said it was ok for forward facing. I went to a car seat check and they informed me my seat needed the longer pads for forward facing. So I am confused on who I should listen to.

jacqui276

How long ago did you talk to Diono? I think that the big pads being required in the US is a fairly new thing (maybe someone that lives there can verify this?) but they didn't issue a recall for it or anything. I would call Diono again to verify if the small ones can be used or if they need to send you the larger ones. Update us too once you hear from them as I'm curious.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC