Question about Radian headwings

alexandra.p

Looking at radians and trying to decide between getting an RXT or the Sunshine Kids 80sl for a $100 savings. I'm not concerned about the extra year or so of use with a newer seat bc I'll likely need all my kids in convertibles at once, so no concerns about passing down to a sibling and I'll just buy a dedicated booster when the time comes.

I can't help but feel the head wings are safer even though I know there is no testing that proves one way or another. It just makes sense to me that something around his head would be safer. But I'm wondering a couple things.

1) Will the head wings make it harder to puzzle? We picked the radian because of it's ability to do three across.

2) I've read that the seats with head wings tend to be outgrown sooner. So if that is the case, would it be safer for me to get the non headwing seat in hopes he can stay harnessed in it longer? How much sooner are we typically talking (I realize all kids are different).

ADS

armywife12

If you want the headwings without paying the extra $100, why don't you find an XTSL? I think they are still selling them and shouldn't be much more than the 80SL.

I had the XTSL but never did a 3 across while the seat was FF but I can't see it being any different than the non headwing versions. SK/Diono allows the Radians to be used FF even when the child's shoulders are above the top slots so long as the child is still under the stated height limit. Because of the headwings, a child who's shoulders are above the top slots pretty much has no more room because the wings are in the way...clear as mud? I'm not comfortable using a seat if the child's shoulders are above the top slot regardless of what the company says so it didn't matter to me. However, I didn't like the headwings because they would slip down when FF. I would have gone with the 80SL had I known how annoying it would be

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC