Question about ignoring

mish

I think I've asked this before, but can't remember. Is it possible within the forum software to make it so that if you have a person on ignore nothing shows up? Right now, it still has a spot for their post, but says something like, "you have this user on ignore." On the app, however, it doens't show anything at all. I wonder if that can be done on here too?

Something to add: On facebook when you hide someone you don't have a note that says "so and so updated her status but you can't see it because you have her hidden."

Does that make sense?

ADS

Mae

On facebook when you hide someone you don't have a note that says "so and so updated her status but you can't see it because you have her hidden."

:bow:

It's kind of like it rubs you in the face. "Ha, thisperson said something, but I'm just going to taunt you with the fact that you have them ignored. You know you want to read it. Click it. Click it. READ IT."

And then you read it and you're annoyed, and wonder why you read it. :rolleyes:

mish

:bow:

It's kind of like it rubs you in the face. "Ha, thisperson said something, but I'm just going to taunt you with the fact that you have them ignored. You know you want to read it. Click it. Click it. READ IT."

And then you read it and you're annoyed, and wonder why you read it. :rolleyes:

Exactly. And we are always encouraged to ignore people instead of starting drama. Putting them on ignore doesn't really ignore them though.

mykidsmylife

I have never ignored anyone so I had no idea how it works. Hopefully there will be a way to change it.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

hrice

Babycenter does the same thing and it is annoying. It says you are ignoring this user. Yeah, thanks for the reminder.

hrice

Even if she had you on ignore, she would have been tempted to read it and then read it, so she still would have been able to see you. :cool:

So. Does she really have you not on her ignore list? The world shall never know. :cool:

:p

:ROTFLMAO:

True and now I am paranoid.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Even if it didn't alert you to that (which I agree with everyone is annoying and tempting!), you can still see their posts when they are quoted by someone. Which once you read a quote post it makes you want to go back and read everything the posted in the thread! So if the rest of their posts didn't have a message to click in, I'd be going ahead and unignoring them just so I could red the rest. :ROTFLMAO:

So ya, I find the ignore feature not that useful in general for my personality so I just don't bother using the official ignore feature. I just use the one built into my brain instead. :D

Pixels

On the one hand I understand why it tells you that you've missed some of the conversation. OTOH, it is taunting. I ignored someone once, and then I just had to click every time to see what they said, so there wasn't really a point. I un-ignored them to save myself the effort of clicking.

Mae

On the one hand I understand why it tells you that you've missed some of the conversation. OTOH, it is taunting. I ignored someone once, and then I just had to click every time to see what they said, so there wasn't really a point. I un-ignored them to save myself the effort of clicking.

I don't even bother clicking to read anymore. The person in particular is so annoying to me that I'd rather not even see their post that's being ignored. :cool: :eek:

ETA: I understand that there's always going to be somebody somewhere who annoys you -- I just like that the App doesn't even acknowledge that the person posted and was also wondering if it was possible to implement that on here. :thumbsup:

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
ETA: I understand that there's always going to be somebody somewhere who annoys you -- I just like that the App doesn't even acknowledge that the person posted and was also wondering if it was possible to implement that on here. :thumbsup:
But, you still can see their replies when someone quotes them, right?

crunchierthanthou

On the app you can still see the preview of their threads, but then if you click on them, the first posts disappear. On the site you can't hover (which I prefer).

I also kind of prefer it the way it is online with the post header there as a cue that you're missing part of the conversation. I've been confused on the app more than once trying to figure out what the next person was talking about when they were replying to someone who I had ignored..

mish

Carrie_R said:
Why is it that this type of thread always makes one paranoid that they're the one being ignored? LOL.

I'm not ignoring you. And I'm not talking about anyone specifically. Actually I don't have anyone on ignore. The way it works now doesn't help me out a whole lot.

Sent from my android using Car-Seat.Org

LuvBug

I've not yet found a forum software that lets you completely ignore someone. I've definitely run across a person or two on some forum somewhere that I wanted to no longer exist in my mind. But, sadly, the software just isn't made like that.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC