Question about 3 across in Pontiac Sunfire

amie815

My friend need's new seats for her two DD's. She is also expecting a boy in August and is borrowed a newer Graco Snugride for him. So my question is....would you be able to fit an Evenflo Maestro then a Graco Snugride, then a second Evenflo Maestro in the rear seat? It is a 2000 Sunfire, 2 door. If not, can you suggest what will? Needs to be harnessed and FF'ing and preferable not expensive, since I am probably going to be buying them for her.

ADS

agurlsride

I used to have a 4 door Sunfire and it looks like the hip room in that car is 49.5", almost the same as the Civic. I am almost positive that those seats will not work. The Maestro is 18in wide I believe, and that doesn't leave much room for the Snugride. I think your best bet is to go with 2 Radians. How old are the girls? Perhaps 1 or 2 RSTVs?

amie815

They are almost 5 (July 9th) and 2 1/2. She has them both forward facing. Unfortunately I cannot spend the money on Radians. She definietly doesn't have the money. They are struggling financially but both girls have very old, I am sure expired car seats. Anyone know of anyplace that helps out parents who financially cannot afford new car seats in Connecticut? Maybe she could get Radians from there?

Or another idea? Would they fit Marathon, Snugride, Marathon? I have two Marathons that have several years left and I was considering getting the new Marathons that Britax is releasing soon and maybe I could give her our old ones?

amyd

A friend of mine has Turbo Booster, Radian FFing and Alpha Omeg RFing across her Sunfire (4 door, though). Could her 2.5 year old be RFing? How much does she weigh? If she's under 35, I might try RFing MA (or ffing may work too if she's too heavy for rfing), baseless Snug Ride and either the other MA ffing or a turbo booster. If the SR is baseless it will sit lower and may fit under the edges of the MAs since they sit up quite high. I'm personally not a huge fan of a MA FFing for an older child, due to the higher head excursion numbers they have. I would prefer to booster a neurotypical 5 yo if it would fit and not be impossible to buckle. If the MA is used have her make sure it's always tethered (an 02 should have anchors already).

amie815

Her 2 year old absolutely could be rf'ing still but she refuses to keep her that way even though I tried to talk to her. Sounds like Radians are the only option. Can anyone link me to a place that helps low income families get car seats that are needed to fit in their vehicle...if they exist? I just cannot drop $600 on a friend.

amyd

I'd try a highback Turbo, baseless SR & FFing MA then if she won't do RFing. You might get the SR under the edge of the MA. Worth a try.

amie815

I'd try a highback Turbo, baseless SR & FFing MA then if she won't do RFing. You might get the SR under the edge of the MA. Worth a try.

Unfortunately her 5 year old is not ready for a booster and she doesn't have a MA, and I looked and I cannot replace ours until after her baby is born so that won't work.

Can you help me find a place with the best price for radians?

amie815

I contacted the Kyle David Miller Foundation to see if they could help at all. I am going to try every avenue I can find.

amie815

Okay KDMF has a one year waiting list. That won't work. They suggesting the Senera without the cupholder. Would those work?

amie815

Okay the Scenera only goes to 40lbs so that might not be worth it for the 5 year old, but the 2 year old would have plenty of room.

amyd

You could try the Scenera, SR and Maestro. Can you and your friend go to BRU and play with a few different seats to see what might work?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC