News Psst... New seat - Britax B-Safe 35 and B-Safe 35 Elite

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
The B-Safe 35 will be available soon (in the next few weeks) from what I understand. But the Elite 35 model with the no-rethread harness might not be shipping until Feb/March.

ADS

seb3244

Unfortunately that's usually the way for new seats. Delays as they get all the right accreditations and manuals and marketing materials triple checked. :( But look at it this way...maybe there will be an awesome convertible you'd rather have down the road? Now you have more money for that! Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk

This is true. I guess I will probably purchase a new click tight advocate to put my 29month old in so she can rear face longer than in her 2012 britax advocate.
Thanks for telling me to think positive lol

Carolinadaisy

The B-Safe 35 will be available soon (in the next few weeks) from what I understand. But the Elite 35 model with the no-rethread harness might not be shipping until Feb/March.

How do you think the regular Bsafe 35 compare to a keyfit?? I liked the keyfit, but my boys outgrew it before a year. I'm wanting a seat with higher limits to potentially make it to at least 11 months this time so we can have the option to use through the winter.

How's the Britax fabric compared to keyfit?? Is it as sweaty??

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It's at my BRU!!!! Official date to be on the shelf is 1/6, so who knows how long it will take for other stores to get them... Ours is actually on the B-Agile 4 Travel system, not standalone yet.

Anyway, it's way more sleek and 'finished' than the B-Safe, which always struck me as clunky and cheaply made (with the recline foot that is nearly impossible to retract into the base, I know it should be sturdy, and I know there's a 'trick', but it's a pain and looked awful on the shelf :p). The seat itself seems really small, like the no-legroom Chaperone, but that's just a first impression.

Honestly, I didn't have much time to play, I didn't even figure out how to tighten the LATCH :eek:

But it's there, and it looks nice :thumbsup:

seb3244

It's at my BRU!!!! Official date to be on the shelf is 1/6, so who knows how long it will take for other stores to get them... Ours is actually on the B-Agile 4 Travel system, not standalone yet. Anyway, it's way more sleek and 'finished' than the B-Safe, which always struck me as clunky and cheaply made (with the recline foot that is nearly impossible to retract into the base, I know it should be sturdy, and I know there's a 'trick', but it's a pain and looked awful on the shelf :p). The seat itself seems really small, like the no-legroom Chaperone, but that's just a first impression. Honestly, I didn't have much time to play, I didn't even figure out how to tighten the LATCH :eek: But it's there, and it looks nice :thumbsup:

Cool I will call my bru to find out if they have it yet

Carolinadaisy

Cool I will call my bru to find out if they have it yet

Any chance if you go to look at it, you can post a pic of your child with stats?? I'm debating this for baby girl due in early April, but am curious on how a child fits from 6 months and older. I want a seat that I could actually use all the way to 1 yr of age which has been 31.5 to 32" with my boys. I need to make up my mind and purchase by late February or beginning of March as DS2 was nearly 2 weeks early so DD could be here in late March!

justhat

I don't have the new one, but used a Chaperone for my youngest 2. My son just turned 1 last month and is 31" and still fits in his Chaperone with 1 slot left. My 3rd used it until she was 16 months in my car, longer in my husband's. She was much smaller than him, but was about 32" at 15 months.

Carolinadaisy

I went to BRU today to play with seats. The new Bsafe 35 is really nice. I think that is what I'm going to get, but in red. I do not understand why on earth BRU only carries it in grey. I know it's gender neutral, but blah. The canopy is bigger than the keyfit and I think the fabric seems nicer as well.

The Bsafe 35 elite is ridiculously heavy. Nice seat, but way too heavy for me by the time you add a baby.

I like the light weight of the snugride click connect 35, but fabric isn't as nice and canopy is smaller as well.

The only concern I have with the bsafe35 is the seat seems narrower through the shoulders because of the side impact protection. Considering that we may actually use the seat to baby girl's first birthday, I would really love to see a pic of an older, taller baby in the seat.

I'm still going to go and look at an onboard air as well, but I think my mind is made up.

seb3244

Any chance if you go to look at it, you can post a pic of your child with stats?? I'm debating this for baby girl due in early April, but am curious on how a child fits from 6 months and older. I want a seat that I could actually use all the way to 1 yr of age which has been 31.5 to 32" with my boys. I need to make up my mind and purchase by late February or beginning of March as DS2 was nearly 2 weeks early so DD could be here in late March!

I just saw this sorry. I am going to probably go monday and I can put dd in and she is 7 months in the 97th % for height and weight. At her 6 month check up she was 28.5 inches and 20lbs.

Carolinadaisy

I just saw this sorry. I am going to probably go monday and I can put dd in and she is 7 months in the 97th % for height and weight. At her 6 month check up she was 28.5 inches and 20lbs.

That would be great. I'd love to see how she fits in the regular bsafe35.

I'm planning to order from Amazon in red once it's released with a registry discount. I created a private registry to get the completion discount of 15% off so should be less than a keyfit and usable longer, I'm hoping. Both of my boys have been 31 or 32" by 1 year.

seb3244

Britax old b safe vs new b safe
The store that I went to did not have the new britax b safe elite. I still want to try that one.
Both are very nice seats
I would use either seat because they're both nice and have good safety standards like All britax seats.

Dd is 7 months and her six month check up she was 20 lbs. 8 oz. and 28.5 inches long. She is in the 97th percentile for height and weight.

From the pictures you can see that the new britax seat seems more narrow and it also appears, although I didn't have a ruler with me, to have more space above my baby's head. both seats had the harness on the second to the highest shoulder slot. The new seat seem to have less leg room but again I don't have a ruler. The new seat has buttons on the opposite side of the handlebar. The new seat has a different chest clip which was pretty easy and also the button to release the slack in the harness was much easier. The canopy on the new one did not seem as nice as the one on my old one. It did not have the Velcro to hold in place. I usually pick up the infant car seat and hold it in the crook of my left arm and the new seat was more comfortable on that part of my arm because the handlebar seemed more rounded if that makes sense.

Here are the pictures of her in the old (date of manufacture Dec 2012) BSafe that I own

Here are the pics of the new seat.
I wish I got better pics but my mom forgot to take her insulin so I had to hurry.

The images were you can see my hand near the baby's side you will see in the older car seat that there is much more room around the baby where as in the new car seat my hand is almost squished. Also when buckling my daughter in the new car seat I had to dig for the crotch buckle that was behind her back because that opening is so narrow between her and the car seat it was much harder to get the buckle piece out to snap into the crotch part.

I hope this helps someone in their infant car seat decision-making because it can be tough sometimes to finally make that decision.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Thanks so much. I still can't decide what I want to purchase and am planning to purchase soon. Infant seats are harder to choose in my opinion because you have no idea how big baby will be or how fast baby will grow!

What store did you look at the seat? Our BRU is only carrying the Bsafe 35 in this slate color. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=37974836&cp=&parentPage=search

The one in her picture is from the B Agile 3 Travel system. Black is the name, but it's the same pattern as the Circa Boulevard.

Carolinadaisy

Anyone know if the Britax bracket adapter that baby jogger has for the Bsafe will work with the new Bsafe 35??? I'm hoping so as I have a city mini I would love to use with this seat.

seb3244

I really doubt it, but who knows. The 35 looks quite a bit chunkier (?).

Yes it will still work however instead of using the buttons on the outside of each handle to release it from the stroller you will use the same button that releases it from the car seat base in the new one. That seems way easier

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC