Primo viaggio SIP base interchangeability

Byron

Hi,

Does anyone know if the PegPerego Primo viaggio SIP (22lb amx weight not the 30/30) will fit into the Primo Viaggio SIP 30/30 latch system base? They apear the same size on the website.

I can't find the Primo viaggio SIP base anywhere but the Primo viaggio SIP 30/30 base is readily available.

Thanks

Update jan 2nd 2013:
Just spoke to peg perego. The Primo viaggio SIP 30/30 base is ok to use with the 2011 Primo viaggio SIP 22lb seat.

Last edited:
ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
You should check with Peg. How old is the seat? If it's not 2012 certified and they are no longer making that version, you probably won't be able to buy a base...

Byron

Unfourtunatly they are closed for the holidays,and I was wanting to get it today.

The seat is 2011 manufacture but 2012 compliant. The 22/30 seat I belive was discontninued in 2011.

amyd

At least one manufacturer has said not to use compliant bases with non-compliant seats and vice versa. You'll need to contact Peg to be sure but I'd guess no.

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I would also wonder to what weight the 30 seat and the 22 base would go to, and is worth asking Peg too. I would assume only 22lbs on a 22 base though, which might be quite limiting for you.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
At least one manufacturer has said not to use compliant bases with non-compliant seats and vice versa. You'll need to contact Peg to be sure but I'd guess no.

It sounds like in this case, the seat is compliant and OP would be purchasing a compliant base. I agree the only way to know for sure is to call Peg though.

I would also wonder to what weight the 30 seat and the 22 base would go to, and is worth asking Peg too. I would assume only 22lbs on a 22 base though, which might be quite limiting for you.

I believe the OP's seat is the 22# version wanting to be used on a 30# base, not the other way round. So, if compatible, no limitation; the seat should be able to be used until its full 22# capacity.

Last edited:

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I'm pretty sure I've read a warning somewhere that mentions that seats rated to 22lbs can only be used to 22lbs even when used on the 30lb base. I don't remember where I read it now though.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I'm pretty sure I've read a warning somewhere that mentions that seats rated to 22lbs can only be used to 22lbs even when used on the 30lb base. I don't remember where I read it now though.

That's what I meant by no limitation. That the seat could be used to it's full 22# capacity (as opposed to a 30# seat being limited to 22# if in a 22# base). I'll edit my post in case I made it sound like the higher weight base gave the seat a higher weight limit.

amyd

Just spoke to peg perego. The Primo viaggio SIP 30/30 base is ok to use with the 2011 Primo viaggio SIP 22lb seat.

Thanks. You didn't happen to ask what the answer would be if you had a non-compliant seat that you wanted a new base for, did you?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC