Possible Radian incompatibilty?

Lenae

The car is an '01-'03 Chrysler Concorde, identical to a Dodge Intrepid. I can't get LATCH in tight enough. The seatbelt has very long buckle stalks, three twists isn't enough to get it out of the beltpath. I can leave it untwisted and the whole buckle fits inside the beltpath, but the problem with that is it makes the seat lean towards the side the buckle is on. I have to serioulsy over-tighten the belt to help with the leaning. Like, I pushed down on the back of the seat and DH pulled the belt tighter. I wasn't comfortable with it being that tight, so we unbuckled it. The problem is slightly better when the seat is in the center because the center seat has a hump that the RN sits up on. However, I can't see at all out the back window with the RN in the center, and I'm not okay with that (plus my kids kick and hit eachother when they are close enough).

SO, I have an AA for the RN. If I put the RN on it first and then tighten the LATCH, it's a great install. However, if I tighten the LATCH first (which is what I thought you were supposed to do) and then lift the seat to scooch the AA in, I can't get it in.

Is the RN basically going to be incompatible in this car?

ADS

4boysmom

Thirding that the AA goes in before tightening. Otherwise if it fit it means you did not have a tight install. That would be like trying to put noodles in afterwards ykwim.... the point in they are supposed to be braced on/pressed into the foam.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I also found that the AA solved some of my belt-geometry issues in certain seating positions. I hope that makes everything work for you. :) And yes, the instructions are to fasten the LATCH or seat belt, place the AA, and then tighten.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC