Question poll: WWYD? Seats for an 01 Corolla, and an 06 Pilot

WWYD?

• buy two BLVDS for each car (they are on sale, it will be a great deal!)

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • buy one BLVD, buy another cheaper Britax seat

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • put BLVD in Corolla, and cheaper seat in Pilot cause it's safer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • buy one BLVD and put in Pilot, and cheaper seat in Corolla

• buy one BLVD, use in Corolla, and use T5 in Pilot, then reexamine seat choice when T5 expires

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • buy one BLVD for Pilot, use T5 in Corolla, then reexamine when T5 expires

• other

• Total voters

AnnieW625

We know for sure we are buying at least one Cowmoo Britax Blvd. and are potentially getting another seat for DD2 to use in his Corolla that she'll be able to use in that car until she 5 or 6 and outgrows the convertable (the seat we have for her now, Evenflo T5 expires in Sept., 2012, she'll be just shy of 2/1/2). So here are our options (as long as the BLVD fits in his car, I am going to try it tomorrow, which I think it should):

01 Corolla has no side impact airbags, it gets a 4 on the NHTSA safety scale. We will most likely have the car until 2013 (preferably, end of 2012).

06 Pilot has side impact airbags and I view as a safer car.

Both girls ride in our cars equally as DH does daycare drop off and I do pick up. We usually use my car more on the weekends, but it's not unusual that I will be transporting the kids in the Corolla either. In both cars I anticipate that the seat will be in an outboard position (I might try and put it in the middle of the Corolla, but DH is tall so I think it will fit better outboard on the passenger side where we have the Safe Seat now).

I can get two BLVDs for $394.38 from Amazon (using 10% off initial Amazon mom code, and a $25 Amazon Visa reward), 1 BLVD, and 1 Marathon for $373.68, 1 BLVD and 1 RA 55 for $325.08, and or 1 BLVD and 1 Graco My Ride for $301.68.

Last edited:
ADS

mamakc

I totally get where you're coming from with the pilot vs. corolla safety. We have a similar situation. I didn't feel right putting a cheap seat in the corolla. Technically speaking, all seats are safe and pass the same tests and you never know when you'll be in an accident. But as far as side impact protection goes, I would choose the blvd in the corolla over the pilot. I have no opinion over whether you should also get a blvd for the pilot (I voted to just get one blvd for now and re-evaluate when the t5 expires...you never know what cool seats or awesome sales you might find in the meantime). I personally made the choice to use the same seat in both cars, just for consistency (so one isn't outgrown before the other).

I think the 01 is the same body style as the 00 corolla we have. I have pics of the Myride & RA55 RF outboard passenger side if you are interested. (We tried both of those seats before settling on the Complete Air).

Kat_Momof3

Buy one of each... it's a great deal and if you call Amazon (or the store selling them through amazon) you may also be able to get a twin discount (a discount for buying two of the same seat)

AnnieW625

Buy one of each... it's a great deal and if you call Amazon (or the store selling them through amazon) you may also be able to get a twin discount (a discount for buying two of the same seat)

OOH even better I didn't think of that, do you know what their discount is?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC