Please let me vent! uh, and some questions.

mom of big kid

Last weekend I ordered a britax marathon in cowmooflage for $217 total. I had been waiting all summer for a sale and I was happy I got a great deal. 2 days after I placed the order I got a call from a friend who was looking for a home, for free, for a roundabout that was only a couple years old. I felt very secure about accepting it and I do believe it was not in an accident. I was able to cancel my order and I was so happy I was going to save $200! Fast forward to today. I get the car seat, which needs cleaning which is fine. But when I started taking off the cover I can see it is missing most of the foam. Plus it looks old! It has some dial stamps in the plastic on the back and it looks like it has a DOM of April of 2004 which is good. So now I have to try to score some EPS foam from britax. Not looking forward to that call. Plus how much will they charge me, and how long will it take? I don't have a lot of time! I am so annoyed and I can't help notice that the seats are no longer on sale. I am so cranky.

So those of you that have had to get replacement foam, did they charge anything and how long did it take?

and are those round clock-like dial marks the DOM?

Thanks for reading-I love getting stuff for free but when it comes to car seats I don't know.

sigh.

Last edited:
ADS

mominabigtruck

I just bought some and I believe it was $8 plus shipping for the foam. Be prepared for a wait though, I've called them at least once a week for the past month trying to get something resolved and I always have to hold for at least 20 minutes. I'm starting to think that they think if you hold long enough that you'll just give up.:thumbsdown:

crunchierthanthou

I think their shipping is close to $10. I called to order some shoulder comfort pads and it was going to be $18 and the pads weren't all that much. Also, I've heard posters mention that their shipping is slow.

What size is your child? Hopefully you'll be able to get all the pieces and get it cleaned up and it will get you through to the next sale.

The dial marks are when the actual shell was made. Did it not have the DOM sticker? It should be under the lip of the shell near the top.

mom of big kid

Crunchier: I can't find any DOM sticker like I found on our Britax Marathon, just the dial stamps. I am not familiar with the Roundabout and it looks old to me. I am worried that it is older than 2004.

#2 will be using this seat and she is still in her bucket but probably needs to be out of her bucket. Her 9 mo check up is the first week of October. Unlike #1, she is pretty small.

mom of big kid

I have been looking at Britax's website at pictures of Roundabouts and the one I have has a totally funky huge base on it, nothing like the ones I see in the pictures.

What do you guys think?

mominabigtruck

It only took me a couple of days to get my stuff, I think I ordered on a friday and it was here on tuesday. But then I live in Ohio, so not very far away from NC.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I have been looking at Britax's website at pictures of Roundabouts and the one I have has a totally funky huge base on it, nothing like the ones I see in the pictures.

What do you guys think?

Can you post a picture of it? It might help some if we could see what it looks like.

Also my shipping to Canada from Britax was pretty quick. They told me to expect a month and I think I got it in less then 2 weeks :thumbsup:

mom of big kid

img8361vr0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

mom of big kid

Yup there it is.

And after looking at the manual it has instructions on how to install with latch, so it can't be that old.

The pictures in the manual also don't show foam on the sides, so maybe it isn't missing? I thought all britax seats had eps foam.

Again, thanks for any help or insight you can give.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
The DOM is on the sitcker on the front of the seat under the cover (where a child's knees would go) You can see it in your pic.

Kimberly

mom of big kid

Thanks safe in the car I was looking on the back, and under the lip at the top. So the DOM is 4/17/03. 4.5 years old. So it has another year and a half of life in it. Not too shabby. Should serve us just fine then.

Not about the foam-maybe there is only foam at the top where the shoulders are?

Does anyone out there know about eps foam on the roundabout?

wondering1

There is EPS foam on the left and right sides of the head. I don't still have ours otherwise I'd tell you other places where it is located. Call Britax at 8:30am ET and the hold time is usually short. Have them help you find any other pieces of missing foam.

mom of big kid

Thanks Wondering. I will call. I think now that is all the foam there is. There is also some underneath the seat, but it is nothing like the marathon.

thanks guys for all your help. This seat should serve us just fine, good timing until we get a new car next year that will hold a regent.

best to everyone.

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
can you take a photo of the foam? I just took ours all apart, so we could probably help you know if it is all there or not. Ours had the big bases and so do my sisters. Our expired in Aug and hers will expire next May, but they were all preLATCH seats. She got hers for cheap.

Stefanie

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC