Please help! 3 across?

PrayzGod

I am pregnant with #5 due in November. I have to figure out how to make the car seats work because I really don't have money for a new van. Right now I have

3rd row
4 1/2 year old (will be 5 when baby comes) in a Boulevard
4 1/2 year old (will be 5 when baby comes) in Regent

2nd row
almost 2 year old RF in Boulevard (will be 2 1/2 when baby comes)
7 year old in Parkway

My kids are at the top of the charts for height and weight. And they all have long torsos. So I am planning on moving the 2 year old forward. If I get new seats for the twins I am afraid it will only last a few months because they will need boosters. That is what happened to my oldest. I wanted to keep her in a harness as long as possible but she was so uncomfortable and the straps weren't long enough and I wound up moving her at 6. So can I make this work?

ADS

jjordan

Congratulations on your pregnancy. :) I have a few questions that will help people help you better.

What is the year/make/model of your van? What is your budget for new seats? Have you had a chance to browse through the 3 across thread? Do you have a seat for the baby (if so what)? And are you set on using an infant seat for the baby, or would you be okay with a convertible?

PrayzGod

Congratulations on your pregnancy. :) I have a few questions that will help people help you better.

What is the year/make/model of your van? What is your budget for new seats? Have you had a chance to browse through the 3 across thread? Do you have a seat for the baby (if so what)? And are you set on using an infant seat for the baby, or would you be okay with a convertible?

I have a 2006 honda odyssey. I will need a new bucket seat this time because ours expired. I don't want to spend too much because my kids are usually big (20+ lbs at 4 months) so I don't get to use them long.

I don't have a budget really. Safety is most important. If I have to spend $1000 on new seats its cheaper then $20,000 on a new van (husband won't let me buy used)

Where can I find the 3 across thread?

PrayzGod

Is there a place that tells me what all the abbreviations in that thread mean. I know what RF and FF means and that's about it. lol

jjordan

Very good question. I don't know of a list of abbreviations, though there might be one hiding here somewhere. Probably most of them are abbreviations for specific car seats - here are a few:

BV: britax boulevard
MA: britax marathon
RA: britax roundabout
RN: Diono/Sunshine Kids Radian
CCO: Combi coccoro
BT: Baby trend
SR: graco snugride
KF: chicco keyfit
CA: safety 1st complete air
TF: the first years/lamaze truefit
MR: graco myride
PW: britax parkway
TB: graco turbobooster

That should help get you started; ask if there are specific ones you're wondering about.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC