Pics of the Trufit with anti-rebound foot

mommyof4boys

It was really easy to adjust more upright. Also, the way the anti rebound bar hits the seat back makes it possible to install the seat sitting further back on the vehicle seat. so you can get *a lot* of legroom if you want it, as long as your seat is deep enough.

On a side note, the rep said that the HIC on the Truefit with the rebound bar is under 400. (1000 is the max, Britax MA with rfing tether is around 700)

I liked everything about the new Truefit except 2 minor details. 1. It takes two hands to close the lockoffs. That annoys me, but isn't hard to do. 2. I still think it is fuggly looking.

Hi, Could you please explain the HIC better to me. I am still confused, especially when you started comparing it to th eother carseats. Does that mean they are better or worse? Thank you so much!

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
HIC is an acronym for head injury criterion, a crash test measurement. A lower HIC number is considered to be better in terms of crash protection for the head. :)

carseatfreak

lenats31...that seat sure resembles my forward facing Britax Frontier... That is odd...they are just built so similar and I can see where the cupholders would be on my seat (something different on yours) and the red belt guide. Odd...

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
They are indeed tethered twice towards the front of the car and some of them have the ARB at the front of the seat just like this new seat coming out. BUT they also have a large steel leg that goes from the back of the seat to the floor. This is to improve the seats´ performance in rear impacts, side impacts and frontal impact crashes. the two tethers help the steel leg - known as a "foot prop" do its´ job. Both features also help the seat keeping a larger child safe in the seat.

It was my understanding that the main purpose of the foot prop is to prevent over-rotation, since they are designed to hold heavier kids RF'ing.

JOII

I also LOVE that cranberry. So tempted to buy one even though I absolutely do not need it! :eek:

xxluckychicxx

OMG I :love::love::love: that Cranberry! I couldnt decide whether or not to get this or the Radian XT, and I am definately leaning towards this now!

Kat_Momof3

I like the cranberry... it's not red, but it's still gender neutral.

You could add a truck, car, or boat patch for a boy... or add flowers or something else to girlie it up... if you want it gender specific.

I really like it.

I like the blue aurora, too, though.

zeo2ski

So what is the prefered age to begin using a RF tether? I'm curious for the future, but also is my 8 mos old (7 mos adjusted) better off in the snugride or tethered boulevard? Obviously they're both safe, but since they're both sitting here and one will be unused...

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
I would (and did) use it from birth in a vehicle that has a RF tether location. My Ody doesn't have a tether location on the driver's side, which is where my 13 mo old daughter's Roundabout is installed, so it is untethered. Rear facing seats provide excellent protection in general, so tethered or untethered, I your child is probably the safest passenger in the vehicle.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
So what is the prefered age to begin using a RF tether? I'm curious for the future, but also is my 8 mos old (7 mos adjusted) better off in the snugride or tethered boulevard? Obviously they're both safe, but since they're both sitting here and one will be unused...

My age is around 4 months. It's not an exact age, I'm just not comfortable using a rf tether with a newborn.

firemomof3

Re: *NEW* True Fit on E-Bay

Is it just me or does the anti-rebound foot cause the seat to be at an extreme angle?

MomToEliEm

It has a "Do not use after January 5, 2015" statement in the e-bay listing. Doesn't the True Fit have a 7 year expiration date? If so, then this seat was made 1/5/08 (they weren't making the new seat at that time) or it was made 1/5/09 and the e-bay auction is just using the standard 6 year expiration for their reference. How could the seat be made 1/5/09 though since it is still 2008?

crunchierthanthou

It has a "Do not use after January 5, 2015" statement in the e-bay listing. Doesn't the True Fit have a 7 year expiration date? If so, then this seat was made 1/5/08 (they weren't making the new seat at that time) or it was made 1/5/09 and the e-bay auction is just using the standard 6 year expiration for their reference. How could the seat be made 1/5/09 though since it is still 2008?

It also says 630, which is not the new model (670 is).

Evolily

It looks like a prototype seat someone got a hold of and thought to sell on ebay... :thumbsdown:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC