Pics of the Evenflo SecureKid 300

ADS

Pixels

I had to laugh at the 43.3 inches on the sticker. I can just see myself saying "sorry mam, your child is only 43.2 inches". I think they could have probably rounded that number ;)

Yes, but if they rounded it down to 43 inches then they would have had to pass testing with another dummy. 1100 mm is a cutoff in FMVSS 213.

aym4Him

From the photos I like the 300 better. I ordered the 400 because it was all I could order. Well I saw the 300 in person at Baby Depot and I like the looks of it. They were closing so I barely got it out of the box.:D The box said $119. Hey, no harness covers? That's okay for me. Also, I should go back and look at your photos. Was the harness the same as on the Maestro?

I haven't tried Sure Latch, so I'm excited to give that a whirl. If I don't like the cover, maybe I'll just exchange it and get the 300. If it ever comes.

I went to 2 Burlingtons and neither one had the SK! One is a HUGE store that actually has a Baby Depot entrance but, nada. I was bummed! I'm prolly gonna snag the GN from Target for $125 and I would have liked to have compared the two before I bought it. Boo :(

BabyKaykes

40lb limit in booster mode. Not sure I'm a fan, but ok. The base is shorter than the Nauti? Love the GN, but in a minivan, its kind of high up.

on my Kindle Fire using the app...I make much more sense IRL...

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
40lb limit in booster mode. Not sure I'm a fan, but ok. The base is shorter than the Nauti? Love the GN, but in a minivan, its kind of high up.

At this rate, Ricky will be 7 before he'll hit 40lbs! Patrick is more average and at 4.5yrs he is 40lbs and he is booster training VERY p/t. I think the 40lbs minimum will apply to most kids around 5yrs old which I think is a good time to start booster training. I think it will help keep many 3yr olds in a harness where they belong. For Ricky though, we would have to use a booster with a 30lbs min as it will be unrealistic to keep him harnessed in all cars until he's 7! Especially with him starting school this fall. He actually fits really well in the ProBooster.

Pixels

The 40 pound minimum goes along with the 43.3 inch minimum. If it was rated for a child any lighter or shorter, it would have to pass testing with the 3yo dummy. Since it has minimums of 40 lbs and 43.3 inches, it only needs to pass with the 6yo dummy.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Hey Judi, it looks short. Even with the movable headrest, it aseems shorter than the nauti. I'm trying to reconcile that , because the nauti sits higher, but even accounting for that, it still seems like a child wouldnt have much/any time in it as a booster once the harness height is reached? can you measure the highest belt guide height for booster mode? I'm just afraid that the adj. headrest didn't buy enough room to make the seat truly useful as a booster...and unlike the nauti, it doesnt break down to no-back, so i can see kids just plain outgrowing it before they are ready to be out of a booster? I was just really surprised that my bottom-20percent in height 7 yo, is like..several inches too tall to use the maestro already. and while the headrest moving seems like it would be better, it seems like its maybe not enough???

momtobe2007

So, would you choose the GN or the SK? I need one or the other for my 4.5 year old (44.5 lbs and just under 45"). Which do you think is a better fit, especially, for booster mode b/c she'll likely be there sooner than later..

christineka

So, would you choose the GN or the SK? I need one or the other for my 4.5 year old (44.5 lbs and just under 45"). Which do you think is a better fit, especially, for booster mode b/c she'll likely be there sooner than later..

The radian is a very short booster and the seatbelt gets caught in the belt guide. The nautilus is better, but depending on your child and vehicle, the belt may not be positioned correctly in booster mode. The argos does a better job. Between the radian and the nautilus, though, I'd choose nautilus.

Holly

christineka said:
The radian is a very short booster and the seatbelt gets caught in the belt guide. The nautilus is better, but depending on your child and vehicle, the belt may not be positioned correctly in booster mode. The argos does a better job. Between the radian and the nautilus, though, I'd choose nautilus.

I think she meant SK for SecureKid, not sunshine kids.

momtobe2007

Yes, Holly, I did mean SecureKid! And, thanks Christinka for your post!

Is the SecureKid available to test out anywhere? I know sears is selling them, but when I go online it's still saying not available for 5-7 days. I wonder if it's possible they are in stores, just not updated on the website?? BRU or Buy Buy Baby selling them? I'm hoping it's a slightly better fit for my dd than the GN.

aym4Him

Yes, Holly, I did mean SecureKid! And, thanks Christinka for your post!

Is the SecureKid available to test out anywhere? I know sears is selling them, but when I go online it's still saying not available for 5-7 days. I wonder if it's possible they are in stores, just not updated on the website?? BRU or Buy Buy Baby selling them? I'm hoping it's a slightly better fit for my dd than the GN.

I couldn't find one at Sears or Burlington when I went looking. Just online :(

I ended up ordering a GN from target.com. Of course, my DS is younger and smaller than your DD- but I was also debating the GN and the SK. I wish I could have seen one in person.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
thanks so much Judi....ya, 19 inches is a really short booster. :(
I think it's probably still a great FF harness seat, and a hb booster for smaller or younger kids...and really, a backless booster isn't a lot to buy as a follow up.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
The graco turbobooster and nautilus/argos are 19 inches in high back mode. The evenflo boosters are 18 inches. 19 inches is decent.

those are NOT the msmts on the spreadsheets.??? Perhaps some individual measuring differences are coming in to it? But yes, while the evenflos are all listed around 18 inches, most other boosters are listed at 20, 21, 22 inches. And I know just from personal use, that Kate has WAY more room in the nauti and the turbo than the maestro. :confused:

christineka

those are NOT the msmts on the spreadsheets.??? Perhaps some individual measuring differences are coming in to it? But yes, while the evenflos are all listed around 18 inches, most other boosters are listed at 20, 21, 22 inches. And I know just from personal use, that Kate has WAY more room in the nauti and the turbo than the maestro. :confused:

The maestro's belt guide is at around 18 inches or maybe even less. If you measure the turbobooster to the top of the guide (rather than the bottom) you can get maybe 19.5 inches. Unless the turbobooster now goes a lot taller than it used to? My latest dom turbo was from 2008. I measured the nautilus' belt guide at 19.25 inches.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC