Pics for those who don't think big kids fit in evenflo advance

mominabigtruck

So I just took these pics because the thread on the main forum was really bothering me. This is my 47in, 55lb 5yo in the new evenflo advance. I tried getting pics of the harness height but I can't figure out how to work the flash on my camera so I'm just going to tell you there's about 1/4 in left before he's right at the slots. And for comparison he's right at the top slots in the ma and about an 1inch below the third slots in his husky. And I got a rock solid shake the car install in about 2 minutes.
carseatpics028.jpg

carseatpics029.jpg

carseatpics031.jpg

carseatpics032.jpg

ADS

crunchierthanthou

thanks for the photos. If nothing else, it's nice to see irl ones. I think part of the complaint was inconsistent crotch strap length. Looking at your ds in the seat, I can see where any shorter would be a problem.

Yoshi

I had a slide show of my 40" tall, 38 lb 4 yr old in one. I put it on the main forum about 2 weeks ago. I love the seat. So does she!Here are a couple of pics:
100_4541.jpg

100_4538.jpg

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
I had a slide show of my 40" tall, 38 lb 4 yr old in one. I put it on the main forum about 2 weeks ago. I love the seat. So does she!Here are a couple of pics:

I love that cover on it. I can't wait to start seeing some at our fitting station.

Jordynsmama

100_4541.jpg

100_4538.jpg

That is a really cute fabric print! Its actually a very cute seat and I like the curvy shape...looks comfy.

littleangelfire

I'm with ya! I was leery, assuming my big kid wouldn't fit into it, so I posted pics of him in some at Target and Babies R Us. He just turned 3 yesterday, and he's the same size as yoshiandluke's 4 year old, lol. 38-30lbs, and about 40", I think, he gets measured tomorrow, and he fit well in it. Same amount of room left as the Marathon. The Britax seats still have one MAJOR advantage: built in lockoffs. But I think this seat gives the Marathon a serious run for its money: it has plush comfy covers, same growth room, easy to use knobs (I love those things!, I can not stand trying to use a pull strap to tighten a rear facing seat), wide belt path, easy adjust harness without taking the seat out, the cup holder. At a little more than half the price (or half at Walmart/Target) of the Marathon, there's not a whole lot of reason I'd choose the Marathon unless I had money to blow. Especially considering that the Evenflo seat's harness is capable of going low enough to accommodate a tiny newborn (with some rolled up receiving blankets!), it could cut the amount of seats a child needs to 2: this one and a booster. WOW! I'm in love. :bow::love: Wish I had the money (I don't, if I did it'd be in a savings account going toward a Regent) or could find an excuse to buy one. For now, I'll have to live vicariously through various pregnant friends and hope I can spur them to each buy one. It's SOOOO worth the money.

Avery'sMama

CPST Instructor
We bought one for DS in grandparents car but DD "stole" it! She rode in it for several days before we needed to wrestle it away and install it in their car. DD is 33lbs and 38inches and rode in it both forward and rear facing. She fits very well and I have been considering purchasing one for us for our car... My only problem was using the LATCH to install rear-facing, the strap just seemed to be shorter than I would have liked. Or maybe I am just spoiled by my DS's Boulevard!

Suzibeck

I saw it today for the first time and I was really impressed! My middle dd is only a little bit above the top harness level, she was 50 lbs and 51 inches last time I checked a few months ago. My youngest clearly has more room in it than in her MA. I love the harness height aduster and the knobs to tighten the harness. The one I looked at stuck a bit for loosening the harness and I always have trouble with the Evenflo chest clips.

My camera is broken so no pictures. :(

I have no problem recommending this seat as a less expensive seat for ERF and HWH. Way to go Evenflo!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC