Peg Perego rf limits

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Ya torso kills it. If I recall, unityco's son and my daughter, who are the same age, are around the same height, yet he has outgrown the Peg and mine has plenty of room. My kid has a peanut head though and is longer in the legs. Her son has a longer torso and non-peanut head. LOL

ADS

cookie123

Ya torso kills it. If I recall, unityco's son and my daughter, who are the same age, are around the same height, yet he has outgrown the Peg and mine has plenty of room. My kid has a peanut head though and is longer in the legs. Her son has a longer torso and non-peanut head. LOL

Griff's long in the head too, lol!

bnsnyde

Let me know how he fits?

I have a 21 month-old. Wondering if the seat's a waste of money at this point.
And it'd go on the Odyssey plus one (2001) seat, too. It fits most seats, but not sure about all of them. Has latch and tether.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Let me know how he fits?

And it'd go on the Odyssey plus one (2001) seat, too. It fits most seats, but not sure about all of them. Has latch and tether.

Well it depends on your child's torso and head height really. Like I said, my kid, who is over 3, still has plenty of room. And I have a friend with a 3 year old that also had plenty of room. At this point, I'd think my kid will make it to 5? She's maybe 27# so she's not going to hit the weigh limit anytime soon.

cookie123

Let me know how he fits?

Are you able to try it out? As Techno says, it will depend on your kiddos upper body height. I can let you know when I find out though.

bnsnyde

How many more inches does a Radian give? If anyone knows...:)
It's probably either that or this. Both have the 45 lbs. limit so that's good.

Chila88

Just for more frame of reference my son is 36" and 32lbs (90% weight and 85% height) at just over 2 years old. I just moved our Peg up to the 7th position, but the straps are just barely at his shoulders....so I imagine he will still get at least 6 more rf months out of the seat, which I am really happy with.

He's a big dude, and making it close to 3 rf is wonderful.....most seats wouldn't have given us anywhere close to this much time. A few years ago (in Canada) there would have been basically no options.

I'm pumped at the seats on the market today, and consider the Peg an awesome option for parents as it gives a LOT of rear facing time. Will it take the majority of kids to 4 or 5 rf? Probably not, but 99% of parents aren't looking for that, and when encouraging parents to rear face to the limits of their seat...this one will keep almost all kids rf'ing well past 2, and lots even longer....which is awesome!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Just for more frame of reference my son is 36" and 32lbs (90% weight and 85% height) at just over 2 years old. I just moved our Peg up to the 7th position, but the straps are just barely at his shoulders....so I imagine he will still get at least 6 more rf months out of the seat, which I am really happy with.

And my 3y1m is 37.5" tall (just measured her) and is on the 6th position. I seem to recall I moved it up to 6 about a month ago. Her torso isn't unusually short either. Size 3 shirts are getting to be too small and size 4's are a little large but wearable. My peanut headed kids seem to get me more rear facing time though. ;)

Chila88

And my 3y1m is 37.5" tall (just measured her) and is on the 6th position. I seem to recall I moved it up to 6 about a month ago. Her torso isn't unusually short either. Size 3 shirts are getting to be too small and size 4's are a little large but wearable. My peanut headed kids seem to get me more rear facing time though. ;)

I blame DH for the giant noggin that is my sons downfall when it comes to rf'ing! 😛

Totally goes to show how dependant it is on the kids proportions, hey? Anyway....just wanted to come to the Peg's defence so ppl weren't dismissing it for being 'short' with all this talk of kids outgrowing it!!

cookie123

I blame DH for the giant noggin that is my sons downfall when it comes to rf'ing! 😛

Totally goes to show how dependant it is on the kids proportions, hey? Anyway....just wanted to come to the Peg's defence so ppl weren't dismissing it for being 'short' with all this talk of kids outgrowing it!!

Griffin has a big head. I think he got it from his mom, my DD. I recall taking her in for frequent head measuring back in the day, lol! I hope I see him soon. I need to get to the bottom of this! I love the Peg!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I thought about it some more, and my kid also has no butt. Ha ha. All her pants, even leggings are loose in the bum. So I think a contributing factor is that she has no extra cushioning making her taller in the seat. ;)

cookie123

I thought about it some more, and my kid also has no butt. Ha ha. All her pants, even leggings are loose in the bum. So I think a contributing factor is that she has no extra cushioning making her taller in the seat. ;)

Makes sense. Well, Griffin is sick and it's been really cold so I haven't seen the boy to confirm my suspicions. Actually, I was thinking I could leave out the pool noodle when I install next time and that should help.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC