Peg Perego Convertible Fabrics

U

Unregistered

Hi there,

We've decided to get the Peg convertible but our local store only has the Beige as a floor model. Our car has dark grey leather seats so we would like to either get the Black or Licorice fabrics.

What I'd like to know is whether the inside material (I.e. everything touching your child) is the same in those fabrics. If not, any recommendations would be helpful (e.g. Which fabric may be more breathable, easier to clean).

Thanks very much!

ADS

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I have the fabric version in red, and the head and back material is the same across both lines, according to my sources. It's the soft, short-looped terry cloth stuff. The interior sides of the seats in the fabric line are upholstery like; kind of rough, but in a good way (I like it anyway, lol.) The leather line (Licorice) apparently has a smooth fabric on the interior sides (the same stuff on the outside of the fabric line.) Kind of satiny, but more durable. Others have called it neoprene-like (not rubbery though.)

Hope that helps. :)

ETA: Lycra! That's what the smooth stuff feels like.

Last edited:

ebp913

I have the Paloma fabric with the leatherette (beige and black). The headrest and back support are a soft kind of cottony lycra fabric and the rest of the black on the seat part where their bum does is more of a neoprene type material. It's so comfy and we live in HOT Texas and have no issues with sweating. In fact it's the only seat my daughter doesn't sweat in.

I really like the leatherette edition. It's very easy to clean. I am just washing my Peg fabrics for the first time right now in the 9 months I have been using the seat. It stays really clean and wipes easily. I don't really think you can go wrong with any of their fabrics. I just like the leatherette because I think it looks sharp.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC