Parkway SG Snorkel

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I ended up with a Spade SGL. Looks super classy. There are actually 2 different black fabrics on it and white stitching. And it looks stellar with a Licorice Peg (also black with white stitching).

At 7, none of her friends are in boosters, usually by grade one here they don't use them. So having something that looks a little more like a vehicle seat is nice as they don't see it so much as a car seat to bug her about. They all love Julius on her Oobr though! LOL

And yes that snorkel blue is nice. :)

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Maybe we need to be blunt with them.

Dear Britax:

Your current line-up of boosters looks like it fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. While I appreciate your innovation and safety features, I also require a seat that appeals to a 6-10 year old child. For some pleasing color suggestions, take a peek at the Recaro or Graco Affix offerings.

:dance:

LOL! :D

Britax used to have some SUPER-fun, NOT-babyish covers on their boosters. I loved some of these:

Woodstock
Cougar
Orange
Pretty Paisley
Fun Fatigues
Collegiate covers (some)

I wish they would bring back the collegiate covers. :)

YinzerMama

I ended up with a Spade SGL. Looks super classy. There are actually 2 different black fabrics on it and white stitching. And it looks stellar with a Licorice Peg (also black with white stitching).

At 7, none of her friends are in boosters, usually by grade one here they don't use them. So having something that looks a little more like a vehicle seat is nice as they don't see it so much as a car seat to bug her about. They all love Julius on her Oobr though! LOL

And yes that snorkel blue is nice. :)

I don't mind a few smart and sophisticated choices in a line up... it's just they all seem more along those lines than kid-pleasing in this incarnation. Even the "girl" one has something of the mature woman in it. I'd like to see some of the bright reds, blues, and pinks like they've had in the past for balance.

The new frontiers have such fun covers to pick from, it's weird that some of that isn't mirrored in the parkway.

mommabritt

I know this is a bit old but you can order the snorkel cover on Britax's website. I love it too. DS is getting it for his PW. I desperately wanted the Performance Booster to be the one because I love the blue they did (and the purple!) But day loves this snorkel cover.

Carolinadaisy

I know this is a bit old but you can order the snorkel cover on Britax's website. I love it too. DS is getting it for his PW. I desperately wanted the Performance Booster to be the one because I love the blue they did (and the purple!) But day loves this snorkel cover.

This is unfair. I would consider buying a Parkway if they would sell it with a snorkel cover. I don't want to buy an ugly booster and then have to pay for the prettier cover. Completely ridiculous!

This is unfair. I would consider buying a Parkway if they would sell it with a snorkel cover. I don't want to buy an ugly booster and then have to pay for the prettier cover. Completely ridiculous!

This times a million. Sigh.

Time to ditch the brown and red (who thought that was a good combo in the first place..?) and sell Snorkel on the seat.

Carolinadaisy

This times a million. Sigh. Time to ditch the brown and red (who thought that was a good combo in the first place..?) and sell Snorkel on the seat.

I may call or email customer service at Britax and see if it would be possible to buy seat with snorkel cover directly through them and see what they say. Honestly, it's probably the only way I'm going to consider a Parkway....which is just sad!

I may call or email customer service at Britax and see if it would be possible to buy seat with snorkel cover directly through them and see what they say. Honestly, it's probably the only way I'm going to consider a Parkway....which is just sad!

Hmm.. I was thinking about doing the same. Maybe if enough people do it they'll come to their senses? lol.

mommabritt

I don't understand why they keep releasing the same color family over and over. I know some people like grey (I am also an onyx lover...) but color is good! Snorkel is a great color! And DS is going to look awesome sitting next to dds Livia frontier :)

I don't understand why they keep releasing the same color family over and over. I know some people like grey (I am also an onyx lover...) but color is good! Snorkel is a great color! And DS is going to look awesome sitting next to dds Livia frontier :)

I was wondering why on Earth they'd take cowmoo off almost all of their seats..? I have heard so many people comment on how they bought Britax because they could have a farm in their back seat.

mommabritt

I was wondering why on Earth they'd take cowmoo off almost all of their seats..? I have heard so many people comment on how they bought Britax because they could have a farm in their back seat.
Yes, and you'd think for britax it would seem the obvious answer...whatever you do- don't skip the cow!

That being said, my SIL got a cowmoo marathon five years ago for my nephew. It wasn't what she wanted. She ordered a cranberry Truefit (which I think looks a lot like the new red/brown combo and is yuck) and the seat was so delayed that she just bought whatever. She gave me the cover and ordered a different one bc she hated it. I was thrilled of course!

Yes, and you'd think for britax it would seem the obvious answer...whatever you do- don't skip the cow! That being said, my SIL got a cowmoo marathon five years ago for my nephew. It wasn't what she wanted. She ordered a cranberry Truefit (which I think looks a lot like the new red/brown combo and is yuck) and the seat was so delayed that she just bought whatever. She gave me the cover and ordered a different one bc she hated it. I was thrilled of course!

Gasp! Hated cow? Kidding, I know a few people who don't like cow (there are plenty here on CSO), but I just couldn't imagine my car without some moo.

amelia222

We ended up getting the Cub Pink. DD wanted something pretty so that was about it for choices :(

This is the patterns she chose for her school labels. Just because kids are young doesn't mean they only like 'babyish' prints. something like this might be nice as an accent print on a booster. It reminds me of some of the Snugride covers from a few years ago.

BoldRococo_Original.jpg

Carolinadaisy

Hmm.. I was thinking about doing the same. Maybe if enough people do it they'll come to their senses? lol.

Apparently not. The customer service rep was adamant that the snorkel cover must be purchased separately. I think Britax may have lost this sale.

I'm considering a recaro booster....but it is just so huge!

jujumum

I also think Britax is making a huge mistake with their color choices. We're currently using a FN85 Maui in booster mode and a Snorkel would have looked great next to it. We bought a Sapphire Performance booster which looks great next to the Maui.

Britax should use some of the fabrics from the Frontiers & Pioneers for the Parkways. I'm a sucker for matching seats...:D

mommabritt

I wanted the blue performance booster SOOOOO badly but it was too wide for my captains chair and DS is a skinny little thing and was just swimming in the seat. Plus, the belt wouldn't retract well in the guide. I also liked the leg support for his long legs.

Athena

We ended up getting the Cub Pink. DD wanted something pretty so that was about it for choices :(

This is the patterns she chose for her school labels. Just because kids are young doesn't mean they only like 'babyish' prints. something like this might be nice as an accent print on a booster. It reminds me of some of the Snugride covers from a few years ago.

BoldRococo_Original.jpg

Yes! Also, booster aged kids still like colors and patterns ;) Those prints would be amazing on a booster!

Britax does not listen about the fabrics! :mad: For a long time, I wouldn't buy a new Parkway because of that, but then I tried one and bought two. For everyone who hates the red and brown, have you seen it in person? I'd prefer they had a really good pattern (like those above), but given the current options ... the brown is very cool grayish brown and looks charcoal gray in some lighting and the seat looks and feels sleek. And at least it has color, unlike the typical light gray or tan/beige blahness. Most importantly, DD likes it. But feel free to continue to tell Britax to get a clue because I'd like to see that happen too.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC