P3 or BJCM??

mscarder

Needs suggestions on which stroller to get. Kids using it would be DS 6 months 18lbs and DD 3.5yo and 40lbs! I have a Joovy and is absolutely will not push with DD in it. It worked great for two months and now the wheels even stick with DS. Turning it in any direction is horrible and impossible at times! So I'm looking at Peg Perego P3 or BJCM? Anyone have there and can testify to how they hold up after using them?

ADS

msg221

I have a BJCMD and love it. I pushed almost 65 lbs. combined in kid weight and it still pushed like a dream. My only complaint is the basket is hard to access. I'm very happy with it.

Rosey

Both hold up very well. the only advantage the P3 has is the stand board for your older child though you may want to take the canopy off and the stand board is not useable if the seat is reclined. I have both strollers and like them both but prefer my BJCM more. Easier fold, feels like a smaller footprint/more zippy yet it is a full featured stroller. I added a sunshine kids buggy buddy and aa bj cooler, and I own the child tray though I rarely use it.

So if I were you, I would base my decision on whether or not you would use the stand board. This is the reason I am holding onto my P3. It has worn very well and I can see myself using it with two kids when I have another one.

mominabigtruck

I have a 13 year old pliko (old version of the p3) and I still use it daily for both of my kids and it's in like new condition. Other then having to pop the front wheels off and lube them really well it drives like new. I will say the folding mechanism is kind of rough but I think I just need to figure out how to lube it too.
Posted via Mobile Device

jbcheshire

I have a P3 that I love! I can have my 16 mo old riding and my 5 year old standing on the "pegs" and it works like a dream. the other thing i love about it so much is, b/c it is made to have a older child stand on the back, when i am out shopping and have lots of bags hanging off the back it doesnt even think about tipping b/c it's meant to have an extra 50lbs hanging off the back. the only negative is the standing pegs arent usable if the seat is reclined.

momtoo3

I have both the P3 and BJCMD. I really want a BJCM (single) to replace the P3. Both are nice strollers but I much prefer the wheels on the BJCM. They do much better when going through grass or gravel than the P3. I bought the P3 because of the step on the back for ds2 to stand on but he has used it 1 time in 2 years. By the time his legs are tired ds3 has usually fallen asleep and I have reclined the seat so the steps can't be used. I'm not sure what the weight limit is on the P3 (I bought mine used and don't have a manual) but the BJCM is 50 pounds. I can push my 50 lb 6 yr old in the BJCMD with my almost 30 lb 3 yr old with no problem. I tried pushing my 6 yr old in the P3 on Halloween when he fell and scraped his knee but it was way too hard. The P3 pushes fine with my 3 yr old unless you have to switch to grass from the sidewalk, then the wheels turn sideways and get stuck. Dh actuall gave me permission to buy another stroller to replace the P3 because he hated pushing it. I don't think it is bad if you are going to use it indoors or only on a sidewalk but if you need it in the grass definitely go for the BJCM. Just buy a Mommy Hook for it and use it for your bag because the basket is small and hard to get to.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC