Question Outgrowing her Evenflo Triumph

TigardMom

My DD is nearing 40 inches, but has long legs/short torso, right at 30lbs, 3 years old and is still RF. Her head is still 2-3 inches below the top of the Evenflo Triumph, but we think (even though the seat is just over a year old) it may be time to put her in something that is more similar to the Radian which is in my other car. But I don't have the budget for another Radian.

Currently the seat is in a 2006 Explorer, but the driver's seat almost touches the Triumph. We intend on RF until 4 years.

Wondering if anyone has any advice on best seats to look at?

ADS

henrietta

My DD is nearing 40 inches, but has long legs/short torso, right at 30lbs, 3 years old and is still RF. Her head is still 2-3 inches below the top of the Evenflo Triumph, but we think (even though the seat is just over a year old) it may be time to put her in something that is more similar to the Radian which is in my other car. But I don't have the budget for another Radian.

Currently the seat is in a 2006 Explorer, but the driver's seat almost touches the Triumph. We intend on RF until 4 years.

Wondering if anyone has any advice on best seats to look at?

She's totally fine to stay in the Triumph until she has less than one inch of shell above her head and/or reaches the rear facing weight limit. I'm assuming you have one of the Triumph Advances or the Triumph 65...so they either rear face up to 35 lbs or 40 lbs. The overall height limit for rear facing is put there by law, generally speaking. Dorel makes it a hard limit on their seats, but as far I know, Evenflo does not have a 40" tall hard limit on rear facing. Kids come in all shapes and sizes. My youngest outgrew the Triumph Advance rear facing before 40" b/c he has shorter legs and a longer torso. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC