Opinions on the InStep Safari jogging stroller

chelle80

I am looking for opinions on this stroller (http://www.ebay.com/itm/390246695566?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649). *I plan to buy it from here too, so opinions on that too maybe?*

I am looking for something that has a swivel front wheel that is also lockable. I will mainly be using it everyday to walk on a paved track, but I will also be using for when we go to the mall, outdoor events(over gravel, tree roots, rough terrain), etc. Eventually I plan to jog with it too(got to slowly build up to that, lol). So, let me have 'em please...

ETA: Weight of it isn't a big issue and neither is size when folded. I drive a '07 caravan and normally have a full sized Graco stroller in there anyway.

ETA again: I have another question (sorry if its silly, lol) but don't the wheels air up and does it take a special kind of air pump if they do?

Last edited:
ADS

rachelandtyke

I have an older model double version of this and absolutely love it. I have had absolutely no complaints with it! If I ever need a single, I'd get it in a heartbeat.

chelle80

Thanks! I've been googleing and reading reviews since I posted this, lol. It seems most of the complaints (if any) are of size, but I though all jogging strollers pretty much folded up big. Like I said, though, size isn't a big issue for me, as I have a ton of storage in the van(the middle seat folds down into a covered compartment, but I don't fold it down so I store everything in there) and the only thing I have in the cargo area is a stroller.

rachelandtyke

Yeah, I think they're all big. :confused: I can fit the double folded in the cargo area of my van, and I don't consider it to be a large cargo area at all. I have it stand upright and it's the only thing in there at the time, but most times I'm using it at home, so just roll it into the garage.

sb518

LOVE IT!!! I don't own one, but a little boy I used to babysit had an older style and I LOVED it! I have checked out the new ones and love them as well. I have an InStep something jogging stroller... but it's not the Safari (it was cheaper), and I have been super pleased with it.

bnsnyde

I have a single version from 2006 and love it!!!!!

I don't think the double versions have a height adjustable handle (unless that changed) so for our double we went with Kelty.

I can't jog on locked wheel mode with the double; too difficult. But swivel works fine.

With the single I jog on swivel. I'm not very fast, though.

chelle80

Thanks everyone! I have another question (sorry if its silly, lol) but don't the wheels air up and does it take a special kind of air pump if they do?

sb518

Any type of bike pump will work! I also suggest buying some green slime or some sort of flat protectant to blow in there as well. I had about 3-4 flats last fall and it was super frustrating. Bought new "no-flat" intertubes with goop in them and haven't had a flat since!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC