Question OK girls I got the Graco My Ride now I have questions

Finally! :D

So number 1 thing to ask, the body support cannot be used for Evan, correct? He is 25 months old. So I took out the body support already and put him in the seat to figure out where to place the harness. Guess where it is? On the slot right above the last slot. So he is on level 4 and theres only a total of 5 in all. Is he gonna grow out of this seat too quickly? :eek: :mad:

For those of you who have kids in the MR 65 can you please advise on that?

And before I instal, hopefully tonight :rolleyes: :p any tips on getting a good install in my 99 dodge caravan would be awesome!!

ADS

babygirlsmom1005

WOW he's a long torso'd kid (or let me rephrase that in saying my kids are short torso'd)....

The body support cannot be used past the bottom slot, it's only to get a newborn/infant up to the slots and has to be taken out once that is outgrown (if you even try to put it up onto another slot, it won't fit properly - my girlfriend tried that and luckly she thought it was off so I went and looked and sure enough, after reading the manual, it's not to be use with any other slots).

FLmom

Actually, the new ones come with two slots in the infant insert and can be used on the two bottom slots. Not that that matters in your case but for the others reading. We rented an 09 caravan for vacation and it installed easily in one of the captain chairs but we used LATCH so that's not much help either in your case:eek:

But we do :love: :love: :love: our MR!!!!

You know the more I sit here and think about it, the more I am thinking he has a tall torso and maybe the my ride is not the optimal choice for us? :(

I mean if he is already at the 4th slot out of 5, how much longer can he actually RF in it?

Opinions? Please :whistle:

Sorry I dont have a picture yet I will take one of him once I have it installed because I know once it is installed, it can be a diffrent picture right? ut at home, on the floor, maybe 3 inches.

Re: OK girls I got the Graco My Ride now I have questions UPDATED WITH PICS!!

Okie dokie so I managed to get some pictures of him in the seat at home and turns out he should really be on the 3rd slot not 4th. Makes me feel better.

So how does he look?

A picture showing him in the 4th slot, so it should be the 3rd correct?
1-6.jpg

Front view
11-1.jpg

Trying to show how much head room he has left
111-1.jpg

a.jpg

aa.jpg

untitled-5.jpg

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Re: OK girls I got the Graco My Ride now I have questions UPDATED WITH PICS!!

Cute! He has lots of growing room :) He's two now; he has at least a year's worth of growth room in the seat.

babygirlsmom1005

Actually, the new ones come with two slots in the infant insert and can be used on the two bottom slots. Not that that matters in your case but for the others reading. We rented an 09 caravan for vacation and it installed easily in one of the captain chairs but we used LATCH so that's not much help either in your case:eek:

But we do :love: :love: :love: our MR!!!!

Hey that's awesome!!! I know that was her only complaint about it that the insert couldn't be used longer....she loves how pretty it was.

Mommy2Marcus

He is pretty much right where Marcus is at in his MR. I figure he has atleast another year RF in his, maybe more. He is also on the 3rd slot for RF. I also absolutly :love: :love: :love: my MR.

ETA: I think he deffinatly needs the 3rd slot. The 4th is quite a ways above his shoulders. Also know that he will more than likely even gain some room once installed. Marcus gained about 1/2 an inch!

BTW: Your DS is an absolute DOLL!!!!!!

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
You may already know this install trick, but I didn't until I read it here (actually read about it for another seat, lol, but it works for most of them.) I use a seatbelt for all of my installs (no LATCH) and was having a rotten time getting this seat in tight. But if you peel back the cover off of the armrest, on the side nearest the latchplate, you can tighten the belt from inside the restraint, get a much better angle, and get it much tighter more properly.

Also, a more upright install tends to get you a bit more growing room (although I know that's not true for everyone.) I just reinstalled my 2yo dcb's seat about two weeks ago, and gained myself a half inch or so. Should be enough to get him to his third birthday, which is a couple of months away, and that makes me happy :)

NannyMom

I got worried when you said he was on the 4th slots, thought this isn't the seat for him :eek: But the picture helps :thumbsup: He should be on the 3rd slots. He looks to fit about the same as my 3 year old :eek: I agree with others that this should get him at least another year rear facing. If it's an consolation, my 10 month old is just above the 3rd slots :eek:

I find the My Ride very easy to install. Just make sure you take off the side of the cover so you can access the belt path better.

Thanks girl! I installed it in my van last night and it sure fits better than the GN did, thats a relief!! I will however lft the cover from the armrest to try and get a tighter fit, GREAT TIP THERE!!! Thanks!!

But I did notice when I first put the seat in I said heck lets see what it would look like/fit in as a FF seat for the future and let me tell you it looks like a bad FF seat, SOOOOoooo reclined!!! :thumbsdown: Anyone you this seat as a FF'er and see that as an issue?

Maedze

It's naturally very reclined forward facing.

My almost four year old has ridden in it forward facing a few times and she loves it; she sleeps so comfortably.

There are tricks to make it more upright.

Shaunam

But I did notice when I first put the seat in I said heck lets see what it would look like/fit in as a FF seat for the future and let me tell you it looks like a bad FF seat, SOOOOoooo reclined!!! :thumbsdown: Anyone you this seat as a FF'er and see that as an issue?

I've used it for my almost 5 year old and he has no complaints about the recline. He regularly uses a regent, a turbo booster, and used to use a radian and an EFTA. He doesn't care whether he's upright or reclined. I think it looks super comfy personally. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC