oH MY

mommyoftwoboys

I'm calling around, This lady I'm still on the phone, keeps telling me that the Regent is not popular. Ahem why the heck can't I buy one. Yes I understand prior to the video, it may not have been, but you still could have probably ordered it,and gotten one in a timely manner prior to the video.

Then she,

Omy, I just hung up, this woman tells me to go buy a Husky, because that was what Britax said because its the same car seat. I said yeah I would go find one, but I wouldn't buy one for the same price I would pay for the regent, because it won't last as long. I told her it was because the Husky was discontinued and that the expiration wouldn't be as long because of that, and I have two kids, I'd pass the car seat down to my youngest,
She told me any car seat will last a lifetime if you take care of it.
And says there is no expiration on car seats.

UGHGHHGHGHGHGH

She is telling people WRONG Then she tells me that "Your kids won't be in a car seat for ten years"
I replied, they will be if they can be.

I will gladly keep them in a car seat till they are 13, if they can fit in it.
Geesh!!!! I told my husband if they are small, they will stay in it till their 15. GRRR That woman made me angry, and I kind of started to argue with her about the car seat expiration.

ADS

mommyoftwoboys

I also called once again , since I haven't recieved my refund, STILL. (babyuniverse).
I have also filed a complaint with BBB, and yes it is a good idea to do so, because if anyone actually searches *which I think some people may, wish I would have* They can see the complaints that have been marked against them and possibly not order from them.
Someone gave me the name of a place that has a regent in stock, but I can't purchase it, cause I still don't have the money, so if anyone wants it, depending on your area, it can be 20 to 40 possibly more for shipping, I'm in Louisiana and they said about 40 for shipping.

MySillyKids

There are TONS of places with Regents. i found at LEAST 50-75 in my search. Just go to britax's website, and search by your state, then go to neighboring states. It take a lil leg work, but you can find a deal!

That sucks that the lady would say something like that. Ugh. The more you know i guess!

mommyoftwoboys

about the lady who says car seats don't have an expiration?

Or about the lack of refund.
I have tried speaking to EVERYONE i could at babyuniverse, they are rude and wont get supervisors on the phone. I've placed a complaint with the BBB and maybe they'll look into it and do something about them.

I've been looking in sister states this time (since I've called every place in Louisiana (which isnt very many retailers) so I started with Mississippi, which is where I spoke with that one lady, (they have three retailers in that state, and that would be the closest to drive and pick it up. One of them I haven't spoken with them yet cause they weren't open. I'm working on AL now. I'm going to go back through Floridas too. And Texas. So I have a days worth of work cut out for me.

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
I would call...speak to the manager...write a comlaint to the head of the company...and then find every opinion site and write a horrible review. but thats just me.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Formal complaint about the incorrect safety information (expiration) but tie in the poor customer service -- I only worked as a Mngr. in retail for a short time, but there was never any excuse for poor customer service, especially when it involves potentially deadly "advice"!

What an all around crappy situation & I can relate to having to search for a seat :( I like the bad review idea, too :rolleyes:

Did you try MySillyBoys' idea?

mommyoftwoboys

I have called around, I finally settled on I am going to purchase one from Babylove, they have them in, although I'm kind of worried about ordering since its not being done over the phone, I'm afraid I'll order it and then they dont have one to ship.

I posted a new thread, but does anyone have any experience with Babylove and them saying its in stock and then not being in stock?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC