No slump FF seat with integrated cupholders?

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Not the clip-on optional cupholders. ;) My niece currently rides in a Nautilus but has serious slump issues in it; so bad she wakes up crying with pain. :( My sister also has a MyRide, but it doesn't install FF that well. A Frontier's out of their budget. Are there any other options?

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Have you tried the SecureKid? [ame="http://www.amazon.ca/Evenflo-30811269C-SecureKid-Grayson-Seat/dp/B007IGLEFY/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343265097&sr=8-1-fkmr1"]Evenflo 30811269C SecureKid 400 Grayson Car Seat: Amazon.ca: Baby[/ame]

It's based on the Maestro, so you could get an idea on how it would fit by trying the Maestro.

unityco

Nimommyof2 said:
I've installed the MR FF a couple times and find it isn't that bad what is the issue with it?

She's just not fond of it. It installs safely, just a bit too reclined and it sits high enough that her daughter can't climb in herself easily. Plus, she'd rather use it for her son.

I wondered if one of the Evenflo seats might work. Too bad we can't see them locally. :( Are they generally better for slump than the Nautilus?

PeachyPie

I have a Nautilus in one car and a Maestro in the other. My DD also has BAD head slump issues in the Nauti. Its not as bad in the Maestro but it's not great either... When she's in a deep sleep her head will slump but she can keep it upright until she is really deeply asleep. With the Nauti her head slumps the second her eyes shut. She was FF in the Complete Air when my son was still in his bucket seat and her head never ever slumped so this slump thing sucks. Thankfully she doesn't sleep in the car much anymore.

unityco

canadiangie said:
Why integrated versus clip-on? The TrueFit was my first thought, but the cupholder is clip-on.

I haven't seen it myself, but she says they're too low for her kids to use easily. :shrug-shoulders: Also, they can be a pain for side-by-side installs, which happens with some frequency for her (and a lot more when #3 makes his appearance.) I think she's just been spoiled by the Graco ones. ;) (She already has a TF too. :thumbsup: Her current inventory (well, actually the communal carseat collection ;)) includes: MyRide, True Fit, EFTA, Nautilus, Radian and a SS1.)

agave

My 4 yr old has horrible slump in the Maestro and occasionally slumps in the Frontier, she's never ridden in a Nautilus so I don't know how they compare. Both of my kids have broken clip on cup holders using them as steps to crawl into their seats, that might not be as much of problem FF though.

amelia222

The only seat my dd doesn't have head slump in is the CA but it doesn't have cupholders. She gets serious, waking up screaming, painful headslump in every single other seat, even RF.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC