No more Radians at Canadian Tire?

tiger926

Went into one of our CT stores today to check out what Radians they had, and they didn't have any car seats in stock at all, so I checked online and it shows Radian for $199.00. Down below it, there is a Product Q & A, where a customer has asked when they are going to be carrying the new 65lb Radians, and the response is that CT will not be carrying them as they are discontinuing stock of Radians once they are sold out.

Not sure if this is a CT customer service rep who has answered, or another customer. Anyone know anything about this? Here is the link:

http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/p...older_id=1408474396672835&bmUID=1190596724127

Tiger

Last edited:
ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Looks like anyone can answer those questions, however, it wouldn't surprise me to see CT stop carrying them. (Notice that the 2nd question has an answer that is incorrect, then again, I wouldn't expect someone answering on CT website to know the TC regulation changes...)

Anyways, I had an email with PJM distributions about retailers of the Radian in my city. I was told by them, that the listed retailers would be the only one carrying 65lb stock. Seeing as all seats are coming from the factory with the 65lb stickers now, I think it's safe to say that Canadian Tire likely won't carry the seat anymore once the ones they have are gone.

Who knows for sure though... Just because PJM doesn't supply them, doesn't mean they can't decide to import the seats from the factory themselves - which is what appears to have been the case last time.

Anyways, no way to know until whatever happens happens. I certainly wouldn't trust the answer to a question on the website unless it was coming from site admin or something. Seeing as the first answer is from a top 10 poster, it could be someone in management... but there's just no way to know.

ukmum

Hi,
I went into my local CT in Cranbrook, BC and I didn't buy a radian because the DOM was June '06. I asked the clerk if they were getting any radians with a more recent date of manufacture, or with the 65lb sticker and he said "No" because "their central warehouse in Ontario had over 1000 in stock".... So, they will more than likely continue selling the radian for a while to come, but they will all be with '06 DOM and the 48lb sticker. I hope this information will be of use to you.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC