NextFit colors

Colorwitwords

Hi! So after trying out many car seats today in our 2004 Prius I have a few questions:

1. I didn't see anything about bracing against the back of the passenger seat in either my car manual or the carseat manual. I know in later Priuses (Priui?) it is not allowed due to air bag sensors, but I was wondering if anybody knew specifically about the 2004?

2. I settled on the Chicco NextFit.. and then found frustratingly that only certain stores have certain colors. So of course I picked the one that's only at BRU and not currently on sale. How often do Chicco's go on sale at BRU?

3. I chose the one at BRU with the assumption that a gray carseat would be not as hot as a mostly black seat. We are in Florida and baby is due in the middle of summer (July). Is this a true assumption or does anybody have a mostly black one and can tell me it doesn't get super hot?

Thanks!!

ADS

creideamh

I don't know anything about the NextFit, but we have a 2005 Prius in addition to my 2006. The earlier one doesn't have the side/advanced? airbags that mine does, so I'll double-check & compare the airbag sections for you later tonight if no one knows right off the bat. (I'm pretty sure it's fine if the car isn't equipped with advanced airbags, but I'd like to make sure before telling you it's ok.)

kaharris83

We had the gray NextFit from BRU and then got the black from Target. Neither gets too hot. The fabric seems to be a nice cool fabric. BRU lets you use their 20% off coupons on the seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC