New style Pink Sky Frontier cover (pic heavy)

ADS

kittykate

I think it looks tacky as well but hey, it's a restraint to save my kid's life, not a fashion show.

I love the pink piping vs. the green though!

Normally I would agree that function is more important than fashion, but at the Frontier's price tag, I honestly expect both.

The new cover on the Frontier is just another example of how Britax has gone downhill in the last few years.

(And Britax, if you're listening, I really want to love the Frontier, but I need functional AND good looking cover before I will spend such a large sum of money on one.)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Bah, I actually got lime green seats for my older kids to match the piping on our old Pink Sky...now what???? (ok, they look ok with my Princess Radian, all is not lost...)
:thumbsup:

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
I think it looks fine. The seat is where the problem was so I'm assuming that is why they just changed the mesh on the seat to something else. I never minded the green piping, either.

Marinesfamily5

I like the pink piping ... but the seat bottom just looks :confused: like it goes to something else...

wouldn't it be awesome if they did like a pink and black pattern on the bottom, and sold seats with colored harnesses to match .. I could really dig a pink sky with pink harness straps :cool!: or a green seat with green straps

says the lady with 3 onyx britax seats lol

all together ooky

Well, I'm glad they are doing something...but I'm still upset that my claim never got a response from Britax. I'll have to call them AGAIN. I hate talking on the phone, but my Pink Sky looks awful. I still wish they had a "cowmoo" for the Frontier. I'm really missing my Marathon (the True Fit has no love here from either parent) and would consider getting a new one if I could match with the Frontier. *hint, hint, Britax*

ETA: Okay, I just called and talked to Debra (no waiting!) so hopefully I'll hear something. I also put in a request for a "cowmoo" cover to be made for a Frontier. :thumbsup:

UPDATE: Debra just called back and offered to replace the cover with either another Pink Sky (but with the same mesh bottom) or a Sahara. I asked about the Pink Sky with the black bottom and she said it wouldn't be available until January. So, I'm waiting until then (she put a note on my claim). I'm not sure why I can't get it now. At least the C.S. has been great today!

Last edited:

jsmom

I dont like it. I think it looks funny. Im glad I swapped mine for the Sahara before they did this... even though im trying to get rid of the thing anyway.

babygirlsmom1005

Mine is fraying, I have been waiting and waiting for this seat cover to come out, still pretty and the fraying problem ended.....here is the response I got from Britax:

The seat cover in the picture is for Canadian seats only :mad: They will not send this cover to a US seat and if in use it'll void the manufacture warranty :thumbsdown: There is no plans in the future to make this car seat cover avaiable to the US :thumbsdown:

April

Mine is fraying, I have been waiting and waiting for this seat cover to come out, still pretty and the fraying problem ended.....here is the response I got from Britax:

The seat cover in the picture is for Canadian seats only :mad: They will not send this cover to a US seat and if in use it'll void the manufacture warranty :thumbsdown: There is no plans in the future to make this car seat cover avaiable to the US :thumbsdown:

I'm really sorry, really I am, but I just need to do this for a sec...
:fencing::evil grin::cool!::duck::ROTFLMAO:

We have no Regent, no MyRide, no 40lb rf'ing Radian, no Recaro seats, no Red Rock Frontier, and our Sceneras cost $99.99. I honestly cannot believe that we finally have something the US doesn't, and I find it mildly (just mildly) hilarious.

But really, I'm sorry to hear you can't get the cover. Maybe someone in Canada might be willing to trade for a Red Rock, which we don't have.:eek:

ETA: Thank you for sparkly heart heart loving my seat. :love:

babygirlsmom1005

I'm really sorry, really I am, but I just need to do this for a sec...
:fencing::evil grin::cool!::duck::ROTFLMAO:

We have no Regent, no MyRide, no 40lb rf'ing Radian, no Recaro seats, no Red Rock Frontier, and our Sceneras cost $99.99. I honestly cannot believe that we finally have something the US doesn't, and I find it mildly (just mildly) hilarious.

But really, I'm sorry to hear you can't get the cover. Maybe someone in Canada might be willing to trade for a Red Rock, which we don't have.:eek:

ETA: Thank you for sparkly heart heart loving my seat. :love:

It's OK, I was just hoping that they found a solution. They are sending me a Sahara cover as a replacement, even when I asked for another pink sky they said they wouldn't send it out because it'll perform the same way, it'll fray. I'm just sad that a company like Britax knows of the problem, has a solution (as seen pictured) but won't bring it to one place or another and their solution is to send out something that you didn't purchase (ie: a brown cover). I totally understand your frustration being up there and not having the avaiable options that we have here in the states.

But yeah....I'd totally make the parental decision to use a Canadian cover if I was able to get ahold of one.....;)

stephcali

Just 2 weeks ago I was told they would have new covers by the end of this month! How is it that they can't seem to give out the same information? They put a note on my name that I would be calling back to get a replacement cover and they would send it to me since it is still under warranty. If they don't actually get them I am going to be a tad upset. I absolutely loved my first Britax Marathon (it's about 2 1/2 years old now and only 33lb RF :(), but since then I have just not been as impressed. I'm really excited for my XTSL to come in and I'm thinking I won't be buying Britax again.

Heather86

I think it looks horrible. Unfinished and dumb looking. I understand that it's more functional, but it would make me twitch to look at it.

I agree completely .The more they do with the frontier the more I'm leaning toward a nautilus :whistle:

2BunniesMommy

Well, just called Britax. I didn't ask about this exact cover, just when there would be new covers for the Frontier. She said probably mid-January. I was counting on it being this month! Guess I should not have been.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC