new seats

CAEKWILSON

I am getting new seats for ALL 3 of my girls, next week. I am looking at 2 boosters for the big girls, probably the ones with the belt adjuster that britax makes to keep the belt low off their tummys, OR if anyone has better ideas I would LOVE to hear...the price doesnt matter for once in my life!! For my toddler she is small in weight but kinda tall, so right now she is in a MYride I was looking at the Britax 70 cs the one with side "air bags" OR if anyone has better ideas GREAT! I want to keep her RF as long as possable. I did see the kiddy inf. pro carseat and I LOVE it, but I cant find it in the USA can I get that anywhere or have it shipped to me? Thanks a ton, I know this is the place to turn to when ya have carseat Questions, and with the accidents my friends were in I just dont want to take any chances and make sure we are doing it right.

thanks! Oh and I love seeing pictures of booster and carseats rf being used, gives me a better idea if I like the seat. thanks again

ADS

NannyMom

Why are you buying new seats? Were yours involved in a crash? A second set for another vehicle? Or just because you feel yours aren't the "safest" after hearing of your friend's crash? There is no "safest" seat, and the ones you currently have a great. If the booster fits them properly, it should keep the seatbelt off their tummy, and the Vivo is usually great at that. And keeping your youngest rear facing, is keeping her the safest :)

CAEKWILSON

I really want to get the new seats so we have 3 for each Van/ car. No other reason and I think there are more comfee boosters for the big girls just was asking for others opinions...thats it. I was looking at the Britax and the new evenflo one with the crash base or something like that. Thanks!

urchin_grey

Not a booster expert (no boostered kids here yet) but from what I've seen, I really like the Recaro ProBooster and the The Cybex Solution X-Fix. Those would probably be the first ones I'd look at if I had older/bigger kids.

As for convertibles, I really like our Radian. The Safety 1st Complete Air is good for taller kids too, as is The First Years True Fit.

Personally, I don't think I'd get a new generation Britax convertible for a tall/skinny child, at least not as a primary seat, anyway. The shells are short compared to some of the other (cheaper) seats out there, so you'd have to be prepared to turn her FF earlier in those seats.

firemomof3

For convertibles I really like the True Fit Premier and the new generation Britax seats are OK.
For boosters I really like the Clek Oobr, Recaro ProBooster, Graco Turbobooster and Britax Parkway. It depends on how tall your kids are because some are taller than others :)

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
The Complete Air and the Radian are the best bets for tall skinny kids, along with the TrueFit, but the TF only has a 35lb RF limit.

How broad are your kids? That will make a big difference in booster fit.

Kat_Momof3

I see you have vivos for them... I love vivos... but I'm looking at their stats and wonder if they might do well in the SK monterey... it doesn't do well for kids with slim shoulders, so the question is... how wide are their shoulders

BUT... if they are not leggy (it has a short seat pan), and they dont' have wide shoulders, since money isn't an issue, I'd go clek Oobr all the way... that seat is so awesome and fits similar to the vivo, but easier to buckle and is latch- compatible.

for your baby, I'd probably think Safety 1st complete air... it has the tallest top slots on a convertible seat (slightly taller than the radian or the truefit) and fits slim kids really really well. I'd splurge for the LX so you have the base and don't hae to mess with pool noodles/rolled towels. But every version has the nice safeguard push button latch connectors, so it's wonderful.

NannyMom

Do you need to get 3 across in 1 row in either vehicle?

For boosters, I love the Vivo. But, I haven't used many of the pricier boosters.

Convertibles I know, since my daughter is 4 and just turned forward facing. I'd look at the True Fit Premiere, the Sunshine Kids Radian, the Complete Air, or another My Ride.

#1babysitter

For boosters I'd look at the Sunshine Kids Monterey, Britax Parkway, and Recaro ProBooster. For convertible seats I'd look at the True Fit Premiere, Sunshine Kids Radian, and Complete Air.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC