New Seats for 2.5 and 4.5 year old

Schiffler

We were in an accident and both my car seats need replaced. My 2.5 year old was in a Maxi Cosi Pria 70 My 4.5 year old was in a Diono Radian RXT.

I really, really did NOT like the Maxi Cosi. It is difficult to tighten, had stitching coming undone and was a pain to wrangle in to the vehicle.

I don't have strong feelings about the Radian either way, but my 4.5 year old complains that it isn't comfortable. We do have a few long road trips planned for the summer, so I'd love something comfortable for her.

I am thinking about replacing both with Clek Fllos but would love input. We're in a 2008 Chevy Malibu.

ADS

Schiffler

My 2.5 year old is 29 lbs, 36 in. My 4.5 year old is 42 lbs. 44 in. Both forward facing.

Remeasured the girls instead of going off my faulty memory!

Last edited:

brooksfamily

If they are both forward facing and you don't plan to turn your 2.5 year old back around I'd look at combination seats for both over convertibles. I'd definitely look at combination seats for the 4.5 year old. Floos at this point would be paying for a lot of seat that you won't be using.

It sounds like you have tall kiddos. I'd look at the Britax Pioneer/Frontier/Pinnacle, definitely for the 4 year old.

The Graco extend to fit 3 in 1 could also be a good choice for the 2.5 year old. Your lo could rearface or forward face in this seat. The harness height goes up to 18 inches, and the seat may even be used as a booster for a short while or by the time your 2.5 year old has outgrown this seat, your 4.5 year old may be riding in a booster full time and the combination seat can be passed down.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC