New seat? Safety 1st Guide 65

Keeks64

When I was at my Zellers last week they had at least 30 Onside Airs and even more Enspira's. It was odd since there normally is just a few seats there!

Ours has a boatload of Enspira's too & Scenera's ( some with early 09' DOM's) A few months back the shelf was FULL and even part of the floor with AOE's

ADS

Keeks64

I stand corrected lol - I went into my local Zellers today to see what we had for stock on the TF & CA....and there were at least 15 OSA's that they just put onto the shelves :rolleyes:

All had 2010/early 2011 DOM's so I highly doubt they got a shipment they must have been stashed in the warehouse - wouldnt be suprised our Zellers is nasty and unorganized

Still regular price though which a shelf tag said $139 but one of the boxes had a $119 sticker - Maybe they will be in next weeks flyer?

Keeks64

The current Zellers flyer states sales pricing on True Fit and Complete Air seats.

Exactly :) Thats what I went to check out , was stock for the sale , it just happened to be that they also put out a ton of On Side Air's which previously werent on the shelf and hadnt been for a while

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Exactly :) Thats what I went to check out , was stock for the sale , it just happened to be that they also put out a ton of On Side Air's which previously werent on the shelf and hadnt been for a while

I don't know how Zeller's does it, but I know TRU/BRU has main warehouses where things are stored and things ship to stores automatically based on sales. However, when something is discontinued, they generally will ship out everything in the warehouse to stores - higher volume stores get more stock than lower volume stores, but it leads to getting lots in stock of discontinued items.

My guess would be that the main warehouses that ship to the Zeller's stores themselves have cleared out their stock and shipped to all the stores to try and get it sold. There's no chance of them even selling all their stock if it's sitting in a warehouse somewhere and not even to the store yet...

Keeks64

I don't know how Zeller's does it, but I know TRU/BRU has main warehouses where things are stored and things ship to stores automatically based on sales. However, when something is discontinued, they generally will ship out everything in the warehouse to stores - higher volume stores get more stock than lower volume stores, but it leads to getting lots in stock of discontinued items.

My guess would be that the main warehouses that ship to the Zeller's stores themselves have cleared out their stock and shipped to all the stores to try and get it sold. There's no chance of them even selling all their stock if it's sitting in a warehouse somewhere and not even to the store yet...

Makes sense :) I worked in retail and I know we got random shipments especially when things were going out of stock and what not

I find it random our paticular Zellers got so many of one specific seat - especially given there are Scenera's with 09' DOM's on the shelf too :confused:

I would imagine if they had a killer sale they might sell , but I dont see many people paying $139 for an OSA when the CA is on sale for $119 - We only had 1 CA in stock when I checked but even so - majority of people in my town look at price alot of the time 1st & to be honest I wouldnt pay $139 for an OSA though either:whistle:

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
People often price shop more than feature-for-price shop.

I suspect they had lots of seats in warehouse and everyone got them. They'll put them on deep sale I'm sure. It's just odd because I expected everyone to clear out non compliant stuff to coincide with availability of compliant stock. And yet we have very few non-compliant seats left at my store despite the large shipments we got in - mostly because of the sale and then clearance prices.

At any rate, unless people quit buying clearance seats, we won't write off any stock and we only have 6 displays left with only 3 of those having stock. I think my store is less than 3 weeks away from having all non-compliant stock gone.

I wonder if we'll see advertisements when stores have only 2012 stock?

Zellers and sears etc are going to have to stick things on sale, and the longer they wait, the more they'll have to cut the price to get them gone in time. And there may come a point where people who have the choice of where to shop choose only 2012 stock. I know that we've sold a lot more britax in the last 2 months with them being compliant. People who know and have the budget and were already considering britax have been deciding on britax in some cases largely because they already comply.

Which means that stores might run in to problems if people start not wanting to buy clearance seats...

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC