new regent installed

fastdogs

I just recieved my new britax regent from babyuniverse (oddly, it no longer appears in their online products, and I just got it monday- I wanted to order another one). I read the manual, and every post on here I could find, and was prepared to have problems because it all seemed so confusing. When it sat it in the seat without the recline bar, it looked too upright, so I put the bar in, used the long path, and after only once or twice having to let the seatbelt go back in and pull it all the way out again, I got a really good install (2003 ford excursion, outboard passenger side). I found the tether (kind of tight because of the dog crates in the back). To get it really tight I climbed into the seat and rocked it back and forth, each time the belt clicked in a little tighter. It feels rock solid. So it's in with shoulder belt long path, recline bar, and tether. My 3 1/2 year old seemed to really like it- he's on the second from the bottom shoulder strap slot, and can cross his legs in it. He put a toy cell phone in the net pocket, although he had problems putting it in.
What is it with parents and car seats? my parents just don't "get" car seats. I bought one for them (he'll probably outgrow it by next winter), but continually have to check their installation- this past weekend my dad had the latch strap through the rear facing slots, and always tries to strap him in with straps all twisted. He couldn't get him strapped in the regent at all, when I checked he had both shoulder straps twisted around several times- that's not easy with those hugs on there.
Thanks for all the help I got while lurking on here!
vickie

ADS

Kellyr2

Sounds like a great install!!
Yeah, I think most of us deal with the grandparents in this area. Luckily, I think I've got mine convinced of things, but I still have to watch my mother in law closely - there've been times where the seat was in her car just not installed, and she has no idea and just puts the kid in.

broken4u05

Many people will not let there kids ride with grandparents because they do not follow rules put on for them. or they can not buckle them right. I think my mom will be fine but not my dad. Good job on the install.

scatterbunny

Glad you got a good install so easily! :D

Double-check your tether anchor locations in your vehicle owner's manual, I know sometimes the real tether anchors are on the backs of the seats, other times they tell you to use the cargo hooks in the trunk/cargo space; just make sure you're using the correct ones, the ones that have been tested for tether anchor use. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC