New Globe and Mail article is up

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Thanks for posting that. :D

I'm surprised it's up that fast, and happy to see some good quotes used.

Thanks for a well done article Tralee if you're lurking and reading this thread. :thumbsup:

selinajean

It actually came out quite well. The very familiar forum-speak and mention of signatures made me giggle.

Did anyone read this bit?
http://m.theglobeandmail.com/life/f...er-for-parents/article1814090/?service=mobile
It includes this info
Most car safety experts suggest keeping your baby or toddler in a rear-facing seat for as long as possible – and as long as the seat fits properly in your car.
which, to me, makes it sound like it is okay to turn your child forward-facing if you can't fit the seat rear-facing. I hear that as an excuse all the time. :(

Lea_Ontario

Where did she get that CPS quote? This is from June 2010 and clearly says "parents should be encouraged to continue to use a rear-facing seat as long as the height and weight limitations allow." (pg. 3) http://www.cps.ca/english/statements/ip/ip08-01.htm
Good article though, way better than the first one.

From this page, that is aimed at parents :
http://www.caringforkids.cps.ca/keepkidssafe/CarSeatSafety.htm

CPS has updated it's position statement, now they need to update the rest.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Apparently it would have been better to have a pic of an older RF child rather than a FF child, as by the comments, people have NO clue that older kids can fit AND be happy and comfortable RF.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC