New Evenflo to 100lbs?

my3sweeties

My friend said she bought a new evenflo yesterday that has 5pt harness to 100lbs. I told her I thought it was probably belt positioning to 100lbs. Is there really an evenflo with 5pt to 100lbs??

ADS

Namegirl

Senior Community Member
Nope. There are Evenflo combo seats with harnesses to 40 and then booster to 100--that might be what she bought.

my3sweeties

That's what I told her. I know SO many ppl see that sign that says to 100lbs and don't read that the 5pt ends at 40lbs. I told her that I have Britax and Radians and they go to 65 and 80 but I didn't think there was any Evenflo to 100 but she said "oh no, it's new!"

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
:rolleyes:

You should SEE us advocates begging the carseat reps at conferences not to be so misleading with their labeling...they just go on like they are totally innocent and OF COURSE the label is clear enough for every parent to understand :mad:

minismom

Yeah, the labels could be A LOT clearer. But seriously though, it's ONE line in the manual people have to read to figure it out!!! If they're not noticing that then I'm sure there's a gazillion other misuses...

my3sweeties

My friend is the most intelligent person I know. Seriously. She's an attorney that I work with and a very loving and caring mother. If she can misunderstand the label, it is misleading.

I find this and the 20lb. and 1yr. FF info to be very upsetting. Why is the public so misinformed? Why aren't more national organizations going public about ERFing? I trust my pediatrician SO much yet she told me at 20lbs and 1yr that I could turn DD.

I don't get it.

TerisBoys

That's one thing I do love about the Nauti - it's right ON the harness pad "65 pounds" and on the seat "100 pounds".

Course, that matters not for us because Ryan can't stand comfort pads on his straps, but...Hopefully it'll help with some misuse.

Starlight

Senior Community Member
Heck, it might not be the box, or the manual, but the moron at BRU. "Hey, look, this is the 'Only seat you'll ever need! Goes to 100 lbs!!!"

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
We should gtg...have your friend come around and mention I'm a check. Maybe she'd believe me. Might be worth a shot anyway.

Susan

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC