New Booster?

U

Unregistered

I have a 7yo son who is above average height, and 60 lbs. He rides in a Britax Parkway in one car, and a Compass in the other car. I just noticed on the Parkway that the styrofoam on one side is in 3 pieces, and I'm pretty sure it "expires" in a month or two.

It needs to be replaced, but with what? I'm reluctant (but not unwilling!) to spend a lot of money. He's so close to passing the booster test (feet on the floor, etc.), that the new booster won't get more than 1 years use at the most. I know I could get just a backless booster, but honestly, I DO like the side impact protection from a high back booster. He's at the tallest setting for both of his current seats, but does still fit.

Suggestions?

ADS
U

Unregistered

I forgot to mention that it can't be too wide. I have a very small car, and regularly have 4 passengers.

Thanks!

I have a 7yo son who is above average height, and 60 lbs. He rides in a Britax Parkway in one car, and a Compass in the other car. I just noticed on the Parkway that the styrofoam on one side is in 3 pieces, and I'm pretty sure it "expires" in a month or two.

It needs to be replaced, but with what? I'm reluctant (but not unwilling!) to spend a lot of money. He's so close to passing the booster test (feet on the floor, etc.), that the new booster won't get more than 1 years use at the most. I know I could get just a backless booster, but honestly, I DO like the side impact protection from a high back booster. He's at the tallest setting for both of his current seats, but does still fit.

Suggestions?

outnumberedby6

the parkway is very narrow. i have that and i like it. i also have a sk monterey, though its not as narrow. the sides are adjustable. my 7 year old rides in both. although i dislike the shoulder belt guide on the sk monterey. it constantly twists my shou lder belt. its beginning to drive me nuts lol. what car do u drive? do u have another child to pass the seat down to when he is done with it? i like our frontier too. again, its not narrow though. but if u had another child to grow into it, it also is a 5 point harness capable seat. great side impact protection too. have u seen the recaro's? i bought my girlfriends kids those and they are pretty narrow. hope this helps.

U

Unregistered

He does ride in both cars equally. I have a '99 Toyota Corolla, and a '02 Saturn L200.

U

Unregistered

He's the youngest....no one to pass it down to. We had a SK Radian and I could never get it installed to my liking in the Corolla. We have the move whatever seat he has into the trunk regularly when I've got a car full of teens, so it needs to be a booster and not a belted seat.

Any other suggestions?

steph_s

The new pkwy sg goes higher than the original pkwy, converts to a no back booster seat, has sip, and is narrow. I got my pkwy sg for $69 when I caught it on sale and had one website price match another and used coupon codes online. Just got my friends dd a new sg for $75 so not a lot of money and it would meet your needs.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC