NEW AOE w/pictures!!

all together ooky

I think I may like this one better than the EFTA. Center pull adjuster-no knobs squashed into the back of the seat. And no red plastic shoulder tabs that irritate kids necks/shoulders. I have to get to BRU and check it out.

ADS

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
can i grumble now that i just bought my aoe like 4 fricken months ago?
if I'd known this was coming down the line...*sigh*
But, I only paid $80for mine, so for what I got, i'm still happy....

I have to say, i REALLY like this seat. DD LOVES it. she is always trying to get in her lil bro's seat....

Did we confirm this new seat does have the epp foam in it?

laccaycol

I just got back from BRU and i did notice that the New AOE is taller than the old ones. I should have taken a better pic but i hate when the BRU staff stares at me:eek: New one on the right old one on the left

BRUtrip001.jpg

cpsaddict

It looks super nice, but I still HATE the advertising on it. That little sign makes me want to barf. Seriously, "it's a booster, too!". Like that's a good thing...

Hi ladies,

I have been lurking around here.. I just bought two new AOE carseats at BRU today.
When I measured the height of top slot it was 16.5" but remember reading here somewhere somebody saying that it was 17.5"... did any one of you took measurements yet? Did I not measure it right??

Also, do you know the life span of these seats? The boxes are still in my car. As soon as I go home, once the babies are down for night, I will open the boxes but was curious to see if anybody had alraedy some info on that...

Thanks.

PS: Do you know if after market seat covers are available for these seats? Something more colorful and nice.. I have boy/girl twins.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
did they contact Graco for help, or just steal the nauti color schemes? Or do you think they came up with all that grey on their own?
*sigh*

Stretchy Glue

did they contact Graco for help, or just steal the nauti color schemes? Or do you think they came up with all that grey on their own?
*sigh*

That's really close to the grey specked cover they had on the early ones. I bought that cover because it was almost an exact duplicate of the car I had at that time, and it was the ONLY 5 point harness available in my area at the time. They didn't steal it, it was "in retirement".

littleangelfire

Hi ladies,

I have been lurking around here.. I just bought two new AOE carseats at BRU today.
When I measured the height of top slot it was 16.5" but remember reading here somewhere somebody saying that it was 17.5"... did any one of you took measurements yet? Did I not measure it right??

Also, do you know the life span of these seats? The boxes are still in my car. As soon as I go home, once the babies are down for night, I will open the boxes but was curious to see if anybody had alraedy some info on that...

Thanks.

PS: Do you know if after market seat covers are available for these seats? Something more colorful and nice.. I have boy/girl twins.

I hadn't seen anyone else address this so thought I'd respond and help bump it up again so someone does - aftermarket car seat covers are a no-no. No matter how pretty, its not safe. And actually, the brand new AOE, like the one pictured at top, looked pretty girly in that flowery pattern.

Wow, Emily has been on a 2yr hiatus from this seat and would still fit the new one! She is a little under 50lbs and still uses her MA. This seat may be outgrown by weight more than height now! What a concept! Here is her last pic in the AOE. She was 4yrs old, 33lbs and about 36in.
RandomPics-February2006010.jpg

Mommy2Marcus

Hi ladies,

Thanks.

Hiya! I seen someone else had addressed you already, but I wanted to add WHY they are unsafe. The reason they are unsafe is b/c the covers that came with the seats are fire retardent, so they do not melt like a cover that is untreated. In th event of you being in the car with your children & the car catching fire then the aftermarket covers would melt to your child's skin, however the covers that came with the seat are fire retardent treated & they will not melt. Here is a post showing car seats in a car fire. Look how well the seats & their covers held up. An aftermarket cover would NOT hold up like these did!
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=51253&highlight=van+fire+walmart

Mommy2Marcus

I posted to the other person about car seat covers, but I also wanted to say I might even be impressed with this new AOE! I think it might even be worth what you pay for it if it truely DOES have the 17.5" top slots & goes to 50lbs. I also noticed in someones pics that the NEW AOE deffinatly has a taller shell. I will still wait to reccomend it though untill all the old ones are gone from most stores though!

I also wanted to add that I really liked my 3 in 1 that I owned. The main problem I had with it was that my son outgrew it so early on. I never had a problem installing it with the base, it was easy to adjust the harness height, it had comfort straps, and it seemed quite comfy for my son. Now only if this new AOE was out then I would have been ok...Maybe I will even think about buying it over another EFTA for my MIL's car! Hmmmm...Will have to go to Wal-Mart & try it out & see if they have the new one!

Littleangelfire and Mommy2Marcus, thank you very much for responding to my post. I appreciated the explanation about the seat covers. It makes sense... I hadn't thought about it I guess. I am a first time mom and evidently had no idea about many things and am learning new stuff every day. I am just glad I have stumbled across with this forum.

I do like the girly design now more than when I first seen it, but I wish they had more kid prints you know.. Especially for him. She has a flowery something but his is a plain boring gray... Not that they really care eitherway, but I guess it is more for my satisfaction.LOL

I do love the seats but have been having two major problems that's been bothering me a lot.

1. I can't get the straps tight enough. I am pulling on the straps from the back of the seat and then pulling up the pull strap on the front, but at one point it seems like it gets stuck. No matter how hard I try to pull on it I can't get it to move... I am really frustrated and upset. It shouldn't be this difficult.

2. I still couldn't get the angle of the seat right. I realize at 6 months of an age, they don't really need the 45 degree angle, but they are sitting too upright where her head is falling to her chest when she falls asleep and I hate that! The CST said that it is already installed as reclined as it can get, but I have hard time believing in him as I still have room between the back of my carseat and the AOE. I just need to find some bigger pool noodles or find another way to safely create a better recline... I don't know... I have been to many stores but can't find any pool noodles period. They are all sold out due to end of season...

Andbody has any suggestions... I had posted the strap question separetely and got an answer but that didn't quite work. I will try again tonight but I know I already did what she said and couldn't get it work. Argghhh...

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Buy one of the safe fit levelers from the baby department of most stores...it's like a *solid* foam pyramid that'll work REALLY well for getting a good recline, and best of all it's available all year round :). Not sure about that strap issue, though...:(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC