New aftermarket product, anyone see this yet

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I think this is the product we talked about a few months ago.

If I recall correctly, many of the techs said they thought it was okay because it is a VERY thin layer that is going behind the child. The rest of the product wraps around the baby once the harness is latched.

I don't know, though. I am a bit hesitant of after-market products.

Yoshi

FWIW, I've seen one and it does not attach to the seat at all. It is not thick, either despite it saying "double plush". It is behind the child, but only up to their back- below the harness. And where the hips are the harness comes out onto the child, not through a hole or anything. I'm not a tech, so I'm curious to hear what they say, too. It's no thicker than a fleece jacket and the harness doesn't have to thread through anything at all, so I would personally think it was ok. (What a cutie pie baby in that photo!!!!)

Dsunny1

CPST Instructor
I think it is a good idea, but can see great possibility of misuse. Especially for someone who doesn't understand that the harness goes on first before you wrap the arms up.

RubysGirl

I don't know, but it's super cute. I remember on one of the infant seats that has passed through my hands that the manual said you could take a fleece blanket, cut slits in the right places and put it in the seat with the harness threaded through, as long as it was a polar fleece blanket, not anything thicker. They even recommended it, actually. I can totally see where it would cut down on missuse. Maybe infant seats should come with a built in removable blanket. LOL

Alicia-N-2SafeBugs

Senior Community Member
I wouldn't have a problem using something like that since it doesn't attach to the carseat or have the harness going through it. In fact, I may recommend this to a friend who has twin infants and about lost it when I told her that the ones that go in the seat and through the harness aren't recommended!

drjanetm

I have something similar (except it has a hood, which I don't use in the car, only in the stroller where the harness fit doesn't matter so much). Was going to get a Bundle-Me until I read here not to, so will get out my Snug-as-a-Bug (which I had actually forgotten about.....!).

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I have one, here's some pics. It's big on nbs so you have to do some tucking and pay attention to bulk etc, but it works great for us. We've only used it a few times.

carseats082.jpg

carseats083.jpg

carseats080.jpg

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I'm so glad to have found this thread. I have the regular swaddle one that's thin like a t-shirt, without the legs though (it does have a slit for the crotch strap)...well, I went ahead and ordered the one with legs. This way if/when I get my foster baby, we will be ready for any cold spells! With my luck though, I'll get a baby too big to need to be swaddled! Oh well, I'm prepared either way! LOL

Dsunny1

CPST Instructor
Thanks for the pictures, that really helps us see how it goes around the baby but allows the harness to work. I told the other ladies, it was probably ok to use and they are happy to hear so.. Thanks for the info. You guys and gals are great! Jen

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC