Need to talk this through - which seat which car?

eduller

I am just unable to puzzle this together.

Vehicles: 2010 VW Routan minivan, 2013 Kia Forte, 2003 Ford Focus Hatchback, 1988 Olds Cutlass.

Seats: Britax Two-way (swedish tethers, must be propped against seat in front of it), Axkid Kidzofix (sweidsh tethers, has a food prop), Clek Foonf, Graco MySize

In the Routan, I can put any seat except the Kidzofix (unless I put it in the 3rd row because of the underfloor storage in the second row). This is my car and the main vehicle.

In the Forte, I can fit the Kidzofix or the MySize. The Foonf is too tall in the center and to large to go outboard. I could probably put the Two-Way behind the driver's seat, but I am not sure I can trust her to remember that she cannot move her seat back or forth at all if it's propped. Mother in law's car, she and her passenger need both front seats almost all the way back.

In the Focus, I could probably fit any of the seats. It does not have advanced airbags. However, this is my mother's car and she is not so...bright...and she also has carpal tunnel and a bum shoulder. Needs an easy to adjust and use seat.

I can fit any seat but the Kidzofix in the Oldsmobile. I bought that seat for this car, but I just cannot for the life of me get a good install. The seats are crazy squishy, the buckle is long and floppy, and even with 3 full twists, the latchplate is in the belt path. There is no LATCH obviously. This is great uncle's car and my daughter is in this car almost as often as my own. Great uncle is also frankly an idiot, and I do not think he could deal with the Graco buckle.

I don't know what to put where. I'm kind of crushed that the Kidzofix won't go in the Olds.

I haven't measured yet, but I am sure the Kidzofix foot prop won't reach down to the bottom of the storage compartment in the Routan. I really don't want to put her in the 3rd row, but I would if I had to. I could permanently remove one of the captain's chairs to make this work.

ADS

creideamh

Are you sure the KZ foot prop won't reach? They say it's the longest. But if not, I'd do TWE, MS, KZ, Foonf. I think. Otherwise if you can get the KZ in your car, KZ, MS, TWE, Foonf.

eduller

I'm not actually positive...it doesn't look long enough, but I didn't actually measure. I guess I should do so. The captains chairs in my van sit up pretty high.

I put the Kidzofix in the Forte for right now, but I don't think it's going to be able to stay there. I couldn't do it in the center because it is so narrow that the base of the seat sits right on top of the buckles for the center seat and the rear passenger side seat. It installed nicely outboard, but I'm not sure there will be enough leg room for the passenger. I have it on the first recline from totally upright because the seat slopes toward the back and it was way too upright otherwise. It looked like she would practically be leaning forward.

I put the Foonf in the Focus because I didn't think for a second that I wouldn't be able to get the KZ in the Oldsmobile. That leaves the Two-Way still in my van but the only seat left to go in the Olds is the Graco, and no way Uncle Don can handle that buckle.

It would solve all my problems if I could put the KZ in my van. Maybe I'll have my mom bring the Foonf back on Saturday and try the KZ in there. Then I can put the Foonf back in the Olds, the Graco in the Forte, and call it a day.

I am a single mom 5 days a week, as my partner travels for business all week. So I really depend on these other people to help out (wonderful to have family around). But that makes for a lot of car seats lol.

eduller

Foot prop is not even close to long enough to reach the bottom of the storage compartment. It barely reaches the floor of the car. Ugh!

eduller

Oh score! They sell a storage compartment filler for the Touran, which is the euro version of the Routan! I am sure I can get my hands on one of those!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC