Need suggestions for a new Booster

mamakc

I got the HB turbobooster to booster train DD. We use it primarily when we ride in someone else's car (somewhat frequently, and in a wide variety of vehicles). I have found that the TB tends to be wider than most center seats, which is where she usually needs to sit, between two adults. So I am hoping to find a booster or some other option in a booster's price range that might work better. At her age, I would prefer a HBB and am not considering any backless options, unless someone with more expertise can weigh in on whether that's an acceptable option in this (and only this) scenario.

My needs, in a nutshell:
-easy to 'install' and get in and out of
-fit's DD (4.5, 40lbs, 41inches)
-narrow enough to fit between two adults & still have everyone be able to buckle.

I do own a radian, which probably appears to be a logical choice, other than the fact that it's DS's and I'm not interested in frequently readjusting the straps and re-installing it, or in buying a second one.

Eta: I meant to add that the TB actually sits on top of the buckle making it impossible to buckle in some vehicles. So hoping to find something that is shaped better or something?

Last edited:
ADS

firemomof3

You could try a Maesto which is pretty narrow and harnesses to 50lbs. and makes a good booster. Or you could try the Harmony Highback which is also on the narrow side. It fits smaller rides exceptionally well, but it is a shorter booster so it won't last as long height wise as some others. The Britax Parkway SG is another narrow booster that you could try :)

mamakc

I wish I had the harmony high back available locally to try. DD is short on the torso side (only on the second setting on the TB) so a short booster is no big deal here. lol

We have a maestro, but I hadn't thought of trying it. That would complicate things though because that's DS's back up seat so I'd have to either take the harness out and put it back in every time she uses it, or I'd have to buy another. And if I'm going to buy one I'd rather buy an adjustable dedicated HBB.

Last edited:

Lucy4242

Have you considered the CompassB570? The fold up armrests are great and make it easy to buckle in tight spots. I've been able to buckle it in with an adult directly next to it in a 2001 Altima which is a pretty tight backseat.

mamakc

how narrow is the dreamtime? I thought the TB was one of the narrowest already. I may have to order that one to try.

CompassB570? I'll check it out, thanks!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC