need some pictures?

ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Isn't she currently in the PW and close to the top slots in the MA? The top slots are taller on the GN then on the MA so if she was under the top slots in that seat then she would still fit in the GN.

Here is a review of the GN by Tumblebug. Lots and lots of pictures :) HTH's

Mommy2Five

Here is my almost 9 y/o DS(61 lbs. 17inch torso) Harnessed in a Nautilus :) He still has over an inch of harness height left to grow into!!
IMG_0039-2.jpg

IMG_0035-1.jpg

And My 7 y/o DD(51 lbs. 17inch torso)

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

We are More than happy with these seats! I've heard a lot of people say that their older kids feel "squished" by the lack of shoulder room and the lack of crotch room for boys, but My kids Love these seats, and tell me they are VERY comfortable.
(and you can't beat the price ;) )

Hope this helps!

JoAnn

ginny4

these are in house pics. we returned it next day due to the narrowness of the seat. perhaps my children are broad in shoulders as i seem to be in the monority with this view

DS#1 almost 9yo 67lbs nto sure how tall. but JUST fits in the turbo booster. shoudl be able to fit in the nautilus in booster mode but it was too snug. the time he spent in the seat he kept fidgeting & trying to squeeze his shoulders in.

2008-2009.jpg

DS#2 almopst 8yo. juist fits in the house but i'm sure he would be too tall for harness installed. he too had troubel fitting his entire shoulder width into the seat.

2008-2008.jpg

so we bought a regent (intended actually for DD who is nealry 4yo) but tried my older guys in it & both fit within the seat without feeling squished. the regent is signifigantly wider. if the size of regent is doable in your vehicle than i personally prefer that. & really the price difference while on sale in insignifigant. IMO. here they are in the regent (also in house at the time)

carseat001.jpg

carseat004.jpg

HTH

Mommy2Five

Just for fun, Some pics of my little ones in this seat.
(All 3 are still RF in my vehicle)

My 3 11/12 y/o

My 2 1/2 y/o

And my 11 month old. The seat does adjust down to fit her, even though no child that small should be FF.... :confused:

FWIW.

Last edited:

Kat_Momof3

the headrest doesn't look right in your pics of your older kids... it should be so that it is totally clear of the harness straps.

Also, it looks like the biggest AO rider is too tall to be rf... his head looks to be over the top.

Mommy2Five

The GN headrests ARE completely clear of the harness straps, and DS still has at least an inch of headrest clearance IRL, but thank you for your concern :)

courtfrog2

Here's my 8.5 year old in the Nautilus. She is 51.5inches and 52lbs. Still has a little room before the shoulder harnesses are at her shoulders.
P1010144.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC