Need second car seats for husbands truck

mommyoftwoboys

And we have the money to get something.

Ages now 18 months (still rear facing in his marathon currently).
I have a feeling he's going to hit the weight though soon to be turned around. But he's soooo short, so it'll definately be weight before it'd be his height.
I believe he's at 27 pounds from his last drs visit, just over a month ago.

So my car he's in the marathon rear facing. I need something safe but cheaper, because in reality, I need to get two of these, so my inlaws can have a seat in their car. I just cant do the take seats in and out all the time.

I also need a 5 point harness for my 4 year old (again i need two, he's been steady at 38/39 pounds but hes tall) so I need to get rid of the other asap because i just dont want to deal with it anymore with that seat. If I dont get something, I'm afraid my inlaws might start using the booster seat they bought him when he was 2.

He's uses a regent in my car.

so any thoughts. I hear the raidan came out? How good is this one ?

Oh the cars will be either a trooper or a van (depending on which car they decide to put them in to leave in. I believe it'll be the trooper)

And the other car (my husbands) is a dodge ram 1500.

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
At 27 lbs, he still has a way to go for rear facing. He could easily still be rear facing at 2 yrs! The Truimph Advanced rear faces to 35 lbs and foward faces to 50 lbs. The cost is about $129.99.

mommyoftwoboys

the only thing is, I'm really thinking he's about to have a growth spurt any day now, and I'll have his exact pounds on the 30th for his 18 month check up. I would LOVE for him to be RF till 2 or even longer, height is not going to be a problem, unless its a big growth spurt, but this little man has been eating as if he hasnt eaten for days lately. So I'm expecting if not already happened a growth spurt that might have him pretty close to the rf limit on my marathon.

(my oldest had his first growth spurt right after being born. He jumped up in one week 5 pounds and then another 5 one month.
I'm worried that this one will do the same.)

bp2002

I'd consider a scenera for the baby. not expensive (often found for around 40 at walmart), rf to 35 lbs, ff to 40. If you little one is short, he should fit into it until about 40 lbs. Also, it is lightweight, easy to move around in different cars if need be.

for your 4yr old, what slots is he using on the regent? If the cars have headsupport for his seat, id consider an apex 65 - harness until 65 lbs then a decent booster. (also called a safety 1st biltmorebooster car seat) the biltmore addition is on sale at albee baby for $80. This could possibly be used by your 4 yr old until his he ready for a HBB, then baby could move up into it?

this combo could work, getting you 4 seats for around 250 dollars?
also, there seem to be new seats out every few months so options are always changing.

I have the radian, andhave used it in tons of cars. With latch, ive never had a problem installing it (FF only), and its a great seat it if meets your needs and doesnt have a horrible price tag.

you could do a scenera for baby and a radian for 4 yr old. (depending on torso height and install options)

you could do fisherprice safety voyage delux (on sale at albee baby for 130) like a marathon, but no RF tether, and only holds to 55 lbs FF.

just a few options. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC