Question Need RF 2007 Ody - Recaro or Britax?

Mama Bear

Since I was last on here, we've welcomed a new little guy! :love: So now I have 4 in car seats in my 2007 Honda Odyssey. Its been working perfectly until now the baby has outgrown his infant seat.

We had:

2nd row
-passengers side capt chair slid over Frontier 85 using 5 pt harness (he was LATCH install but I just now read about weight limit :eek: so am switching to belt install this afternoon) for my almost 8yo ds 57 lbs
-Chicco KeyFit 30 drivers side capt chair for my 15mo ds 25 lbs

3rd row
-2 Boulevards installed with belts for my almost 5 yo twins 35lbs/37lbs

All the seats are staying the same except the baby's seat. I ordered and have installed a Recaro ProRide. I am not sure I like it. I've always been a big Britax fan but had read and heard good things about the Recaro. I am now, after doing even more research, realizing people love it FF but not RF. Argh! RF is the only install I will do for the baby, so I am thinking of returning it and getting the Britax. I just don't want to make another mistake. My main issues are: legroom for both baby and driver. I could switch the location of the seats in the 2nd row to eliminate driver legroom issue. However, I can't get the right angle on the Recaro and feel like using a pool noodle is a hack considering the price of the seat. Its hard to get him in and out and the seat padding is thick (Can I remove the butt pad thing?) Also, long term I don't know if it will be too tight with where the buckle postion is on the seat.
My husband does not want a Radian, so that's not an option.
I guess my question is - should I try the Britax? Our other Boulevards are previous generation. I wonder how different are the new ones? Are the bases still crazy high? Will baby have more leg room RF? Is it easier to get baby in and out of?

Sorry this is a mish-mash of questions and thoughts :confused:

ADS

djma

Congrats! We have a proride and love it. I never had a problem with the recline angle though. Are you trying to get the 45 degree angle? I have made the parental decision to have mine more upright though.

As far as legroom, I am not sure on the new generation of Britax seats, but the ProRide has the same amount of room as the previous britax seats. I did a comparison post not too long ago.

It has pros and cons both ways. The proride only has a 35lb rf limit, but it is a tall seat. The newer blvds may have more legroom, but the new britax seats seem to have shorter shells.

You can remove the padding to allow more room in the seat.

Sorry, don't think my response was very helpful. :p

Nimommyof2

Could you just put him in one of your current boulevards? Give one of the 5yr olds the new seat? I'd personally get a Graco Myride or the Graco size 4me before one of the Britaxs but thats only cause I understand them to be shorter and more expensive and I could be wrong on that front. I have a MR and find it super easy to install and front to back room seems great. Also would it work better to put the baby in the middle so you can climb in than put him in the seat so you aren't reaching so high from out of the van?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC