Need new seat for Grammy's car

2BunniesMommy

DD2 is very close to out growing the Generations65 by height.
I don't want to spend a whole lot since the seat is just used once a week or less.
I am looking at either a Maestro or SecureKid.
It will be going into a Toyota, which IIRC defers to the car seat for LATCH limits. I can't remember what Evenflo's limit is.

What are the harness heights on these seats and what is the difference between the SecureKid 300 and 400? Is it just the Surelatch? Depending on when DD2 will have to switch to a seatbelt install the surelatch might be worth the extra $. Also both are a pretty good price on Amazon.

ETA: Also considered giving her our Frontier so that I would have an excuse to get another Frontier85, but I think it would be too hard for her to install.

ADS

Brianna

Top harness height on both is approx 18 inches. The Evenflo LATCH limit is 48 pounds.

In addition to the Surelatch, the 400 model has the e3 foam.

The new Evenflo seats have the same crotch buckle as the new Graco seats, so I'm not sure if that would be a problem for you.

2BunniesMommy

I have not used a new Graco buckle, so I guess I will have to check out the stock seats at WalMart and see what they are like. MIL is not great with installs or getting the kids tight enough, but is working on both. Never a problem with buckles though, so hopefully there wouldn't be with this. That is one thing I will really miss from the Gen65, with the twist for the tightening, she does great.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC