Need more help with new seats

hjal05

We currently have a Blvd and a Radian. My 1 year old is riding RFing in the Blvd and my 3 year old is riding ff in the Radian (won't fit rfing in my car). Dh got a new truck (we had reg cab truck before)so he could take the kids to daycare 2 days a week. So I need to purchase 1 carseat for my dh's truck for dd#2. I went ahead and bought a MyRide but now I'm wondering if it was the right choice. I put dd#1 in the Blvd rfing this weekend because my neice used her ffing Radian and she has almost outgrown the seat rfing. The last thing I want is for dd#2 who is bigger to outgrow the MyRide in a few years and have to purchase another seat. I also have to purchase a new seat for my car for dd#1 I'm thinking the Truefit but wondering if it will fit rfing in my car since a radian will not. Dh is going to take the Radian and use it in his truck. So my question is if you were wanting to get the longest amount of time and use out of the carseat would you return the Myride and just get 2 truefits? DD#1 is 37 inches and 27lbs. DD#2 is I think 20 lbs and 30 inches.

ADS

cookie123

How much do your kids weigh? Do you need the higher rear facing weight limit of the My Ride? If so, the Complete Air might work, and it would offer you more height. It also installs more upright than the Radian, so would give you more room.

hjal05

How much do your kids weigh? Do you need the higher rear facing weight limit of the My Ride? If so, the Complete Air might work, and it would offer you more height. It also installs more upright than the Radian, so would give you more room.

My oldest is 27lbs fully clothed and my youngest is around 20lbs. A is 3 and is outgrowing the Britax by height rfing. So I really need more heighth for rfing and not weight. That's why I was considering taking the MyRide back and opting for 2 TF's but wasn't for sure if that was the right thing to do.

jujumum

I think more kids would outgrow the TF by weight than outgrow the MR by height. This is just a theory, though. My own dd would have outgrown both seats at exactly the same time at 42" and 35lbs. My dd has a relatively short torso, though.

It is a tough call between the TF & MR. Both are awesome seats but are different. Both have great covers and lots of leg room, are fairly easy to install in many vehicles, and are affordable. The TF has a wide, roomy interior and is very solid feeling. The MR has a more narrow interior, higher sides, and seems more flexible feeling. Both have a nice ff recline, neither has a rf tether (but the TFP has the anti-rebound bar). The TF is easier to adjust the harness height and has lockoffs. The MR is more readily available in stores. Both are wide and will be difficult for 3 across situations.

The best thing would be if you could test out the TF in person to see what you think. I like them both, but prefer the more narrow fit and high sides of the MR.:)

cookie123

Sorry, I see now you had posted the kids' weights originally. I tend to be a skimmer. I'm making a NY resolution to do better:)

Anyway, the True Fit would offer more height. It doesn't seem like you'd really need the increased weight limit of the My Ride. Your kids are pretty light weight. You said your 2nd child is heavier, and there's always a risk you'll guess wrong. I'd probably do the TFP if I were you.

armywife12

The True Fit is great for children who are lighter and taller and the MyRide is a great seat for heavier children needing the 40lb limit. It doesn't sound like your children will need the higher weight limit as much as they will need the higher shell. My son is 28 months old, 38.5 inches tall, 35lbs, and 14.5 inch torso. He is rear facing in the MyRide (updated pic in siggy) and could still be rear facing in the True Fit with about 4-5 inches of shell above his head if he hadn't already reached 35lbs. He needs the 40lb weight limit. I LOVE the MR and it is much easier for me to install than the TF but I would go with the TF in your situation

hjal05

I went ahead and purchased 2 TF's off of Amazon now I'm wondering if I should have just purchased 1 and went from there.

hjal05

You may love them, and if you don't, Amazon's return shipping is pretty cheap.:)
Good to know this was my first Amazon purchase. I went ahead and got 2 day shipping because my oldest really wants to ride Rfing again like her little sister. Just getting her in the car sometimes is a struggle because she wants to ride in "her" seat which is the seat we gave to her little sister. She doesn't really like her Radian.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC